Waterproof boots?

sloth

Hi all, after some advice for decent and hopefully not too expensive boots. I've had ankle high Trezzeta boots for the last 8 years (not as work boots) with daily heavy use on and 'off road', they've lasted really (for £80 sale boots) well but now I can't get them to stay waterproof and the vibram soles are almost smooth!

So I'm not fussed about steel caps/chainsaw protection as I'm not looking for a work boot. Just a comfortable boot for traipsing across wet fields and puddles while keeping my feet DRY. I don't mind paying good money for a good product, as long as it lasts.

So, recommendations are...

Hi all, after some advice for decent and hopefully not too expensive boots. I've had ankle high Trezzeta boots for the last 8 years (not as work boots) with daily heavy use on and 'off road', they've lasted really (for £80 sale boots) well but now I can't get them to stay waterproof and the vibram soles are almost smooth!

So I'm not fussed about steel caps/chainsaw protection as I'm not looking for a work boot. Just a comfortable boot for traipsing across wet fields and puddles while keeping my feet DRY. I don't mind paying good money for a good product, as long as it lasts.

So, recommendations are...

My recommendation would be whatever quality boot you get clean and treat them regularly with Leder Gris or similar ...........

8 years! Either you're very light on your feet or your idea of heavy use is not the same as most others. Work notwithstanding, 8 years and only just losing waterproofing is pretty amazing.

Many of the work boots I've had over the years serve equally well as walking boots having covered Nevis and the Lake District.

The Miendl ones we all use currently are pretty comfortable. (The red ones). They're not as tall as I'd like but serve the purpose.

Thank you for all the replies :thumbup:

8 years! Either you're very light on your feet or your idea of heavy use is not the same as most others. Work notwithstanding, 8 years and only just losing waterproofing is pretty amazing.

Many of the work boots I've had over the years serve equally well as walking boots having covered Nevis and the Lake District.

The Miendl ones we all use currently are pretty comfortable. (The red ones). They're not as tall as I'd like but serve the purpose.

Thats 8 years with good care worn out and about with countless trips in woods etc, once up Nevis and many times up Snowdon. The padding around the ankles has been worn through for a couple of years now, but still comy. All round good boots I reckon :thumbup:

Blundstone non safety rigger boots soaked in mink oil is my choice.

I can get nearly 8 years out of a pair, worn every single day.

Getting harder to find them these days.

Plenty on Google it would seem, not keen on riggers though. (Mink oil- I have a mental image of tens of mink being 'pressed' for their oil!)

Got a pair of Lowa goretex lined lovely boots.

Looks good...

Very nice, if only there was a main retailer nearby!

Army Pro boots. Goretex lined and easily available. :001_smile:

Hmmm, a trip to my local army surplus shop may be on the cards...

Thanks all