Is there such thing as an Ebay bargain?

Vyvsdad

My approach with chainsaws is to buy the ones which state that they are spares or repair, at the appropriate price to replace the pot and piston with a good quality non-OEM one.....It would be exceptional for more to be wrong with it than that in terms of expensive parts that you couldn't see were shot/missing.

Alec

Fingers crossed.....just grabbed a spares or repair (low compression) 372XP for £146, so a piston from Spud's recommended man in Greece is £26 delivered otherwise a piston and pot is £60.

Regards,

Steve.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fingers crossed.....just grabbed a spares or repair (low compression) 372XP for £146, so a piston from Spud's recommended man in Greece is £26 delivered otherwise a piston and pot is £60.

Regards,

Steve.

Woohoo, just had an email from the guy who said as he boxed it up to send he gave another pull and it had compression - the decompressor had been pushed in - here's hoping for a Fleabay bargain :thumbup1:

Yes agreed chaps,

If you know what your looking for...make sure it's tidy and the seller has 97-100% feedback you should be okay...

I've bought lots over the years.. And yes been stung in a few things but got more bargains and unusual things:

This year I have bought a Husqvarna ride on ( ex demo 29hours) for £1500 less than RRP..

A kiln for drying logs for cheap and it's doing a great job..

A husky 435 which was mint and does a fair job. £190ish

These days it does take a keen eye for the details and simple genuine things like the sellers phone number in the description...not a random email address and a request for cash up front...pay only cash on collect or paypal..

Best bargains are had buy settling outside of eBay on large stuff for cash, saving the seller fees and giving the seller a guaranteed sale: something that's listed for a £1000 say can be bought for £500 if the seller what's a quick sale and maybe has little other interest..

Bare in mind like ANY used item..you takes your chances :)

People DO put lots of junk on eBay and strangely it does sell for lots of money..

Sift though the junk and grab a bargain..but be careful. Good luck :)

P.s. My other top tip to save countless hours of searching is to use the 'save search' feature on eBay

I currently have 62 saved searches for all manor of things, with notifications on anyone lists an item I'm looking for it tells me.

Ie: a saved search can be: (Stihl ms660, Stihl ms661, Stihl ms650)

Saves searching them all individually and if you check it regularly you don't have to trawl through thousands of listings.

Cool stuff takes time to get on eBay (like Alstors, Cda sprayers, forestry trailers)

But let no one forget that some very obscure stuff is on eBay, stuff that you'd struggle to get anywhere else.

Folk are hard on eBay because of a few scams.

They ARE easy to spot: if it doesn't feel right- it usually ain't right. No one sells a £30,000 item and sets a .99p no reserve on it...

If your unsure call the seller..meet them, test the product: just like any other transaction in life. It's your job at the end of the day to make it fool proof especially when large sums of money are involved.

Also check out Husqvarna 281xp ex mod/ husqvarna 61 where good saws / even a husqvarna 365 will run a 24" bar at a push. All relatively cheap on eBay.

(Although beware of the brand new fake 365's they look a lot more plasticky and have different stickers than a genuine one) ;)