rope guide

John Shutler

Thats a good description!! Needs to be large ring first on the ground, then after throwign it goes through small ring and cs goes up the tree small ring first. That way when you put the rope in it goes small ring first so its the right way round for retrieving.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a good description!! Needs to be large ring first on the ground, then after throwign it goes through small ring and cs goes up the tree small ring first. That way when you put the rope in it goes small ring first so its the right way round for retrieving.

very good point rupe, but if you have 2 eyes on your rope does it matter:confused1::001_smile:

One of the chaps from Treesolutions has just taken delivery of the new two ring cambium saver or multisaver from teufelberger. It looks like a tidy bit of kit and usefully requires the same size retrieval ball as a rope guide. He has replaced the adjustable section with a cocoon attached by a softline prusik loop. This is installed around the TIP with the big ring on one side and the cocoon and small ring, in that order, on the other. Nothing unusual yet I know. However, the climbing line is passed through all three points and the prusik loop adjusted so the cocoon sits snugly in the middle. This seems to drastically reduce the friction associated with a normal two ring cambium saver, infact it performs more like a rope guide but without any of the retrieval problems.

Just wondering if anyone else has used a similar setup and how it performed?

very good point rupe, but if you have 2 eyes on your rope does it matter:confused1::001_smile:

No it wouldn't really matter, although at some point (before climbing or after) you would have to pull all your rope through and retrieve the cs usign the far end of your rope not the active end.

Its best to stick to one method every time, as when you get to the ground you may not be able to see which way round your cs is.

cheers rob, i got it the way you said it.:001_cool:i would honestly never of thought that would of worked, i will need to get a c s now and try, just for the hell of it:001_smile:

No bother mate, as rupe says its better if the the smaller of the two rings is the last to go up, on retrieval i just tie a stopper knot and attach the throw line to my rope pull the rope through the large eye so the knot gets caught in the small ring and you can control the decent with the throw line, saves it bouncing through every branch on the end of your rope and you diving for cover :001_smile:

One of the chaps from Treesolutions has just taken delivery of the new two ring cambium saver or multisaver from teufelberger. It looks like a tidy bit of kit and usefully requires the same size retrieval ball as a rope guide. He has replaced the adjustable section with a cocoon attached by a softline prusik loop. This is installed around the TIP with the big ring on one side and the cocoon and small ring, in that order, on the other. Nothing unusual yet I know. However, the climbing line is passed through all three points and the prusik loop adjusted so the cocoon sits snugly in the middle. This seems to drastically reduce the friction associated with a normal two ring cambium saver, infact it performs more like a rope guide but without any of the retrieval problems.

Just wondering if anyone else has used a similar setup and how it performed?

isnt this what we are climbing on drew

isnt this what we are climbing on drew

no, i think its more of a camvbium saver that has a cocoon with a small ring after it to enable retrieval. i understand it but cant type my description. i can show you though.

No bother mate, as rupe says its better if the the smaller of the two rings is the last to go up, on retrieval i just tie a stopper knot and attach the throw line to my rope pull the rope through the large eye so the knot gets caught in the small ring and you can control the decent with the throw line, saves it bouncing through every branch on the end of your rope and you diving for cover :001_smile:

No, small ring first!! It flips over branch and throwline comes down from the small ring side, then pull spliced eye or end of rope up through small ring then large and its all set!