Stihl battery powered chainsaws

Essex arborist

I think battery powers place is for such as early starts so as not to wake neighbours, early start weekend work etc.

Ditto - got the oregon one - put a carving bar on it but it is a pretty heavy thing for starters... good for inside the workshop and when you don't want much noise.

:001_smile:

Farm near me got a Stihl battery saw good for trimming out brash when you find a bit you have missed, pick it up pull trigger and a way it go's before you can start a petrol one got there limits though when they run out you need a socket to charge the battery where as a petrol one fill up and go again.

We brought hedge cutters and saws from range of Stihl battery kit for a contract working on waterways earlier this year.

Unfortunately it really wasn't up to the job.

We killed a hedge cutter after a few days! The chainsaw was very under powered.

The back pack battery gets so warm it's very uncomfortable to use.

I have the say Stihl and my local dealer ( ListerWilder ) were really good about listening to my concerns, making useful suggestions and in the end took all the kit back and gave me full refund.

Looking back Stihl battery kit just is not good enough for commercial use yet.

I'm a big Stihl fan and the benefits of battery kit huge less vibration, noise no stinky fumes.

When they get it to a commercial level I will be first in the queue

You can't alway compete on price but you can on quality

We brought hedge cutters and saws from range of Stihl battery kit for a contract working on waterways earlier this year.

Unfortunately it really wasn't up to the job.

We killed a hedge cutter after a few days! The chainsaw was very under powered.

The back pack battery gets so warm it's very uncomfortable to use.

I have the say Stihl and my local dealer ( ListerWilder ) were really good about listening to my concerns, making useful suggestions and in the end took all the kit back and gave me full refund.

Looking back Stihl battery kit just is not good enough for commercial use yet.

I'm a big Stihl fan and the benefits of battery kit huge less vibration, noise no stinky fumes.

When they get it to a commercial level I will be first in the queue

You can't alway compete on price but you can on quality

This is exactly the sort of feedback we needed. I've toyed with the idea but think it best to wait. Could a blower powered by a battery ever be as good as a stihl 600. You just need raw power- get the job done as quick as.