Is this of any use to anyone?

Anna

One of a pair of singles, eh? I'm sure I saw one of these on eBay a few weeks ago but I can't remember whether the one I saw was a left hand (down) discharge, or the later right hand (down) discharge. I suppose if I could remember the colour (sage green or the darker fluorescent black metallic) I'd know straight away because as we all know, the later right hand (down) was only available in the sage green. That reminds me, I saw a left hand (down) model advertised on loot.com a few years ago and when I looked at the picture is was- you guessed it- sage green and not fluorescent black (ha ha). Now that was obviously either one that had been ridden hard and put back in its folder without proper towelling down and needed a respray (in the wrong colour!!), or it was a rare sage green left hand (up) component and the seller didn't know what he had!! I know!!

I'll never know because the bloke had sold it to a retired hat blocker from Cleethorpes before I even got a look-in.

Bugger.

Anyway, back to bed now.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont care what you all say, i want it and i want it NOW!

as for payment, can i intrest you in this?.......

.... i know its only small, but it does the job and ive never had any complaints!

I dont care what you all say, i want it and i want it NOW!

as for payment, can i intrest you in this?.......

.... i know its only small, but it does the job and ive never had any complaints!

Haha.:congrats::congrats:

Nah thanks,

I've still got two int garage, the wheel fell of one and the chrome went off tother. Hell of a ride when they were new, but I found that the re-torqorating toggle washer on the big flappy flange always pinched in the sunshine!. Perhaps the internal castellations needed replacing. Anybody else get that effect?

Edited by PeteB
spelling

i just saw one of these go on ebay for £75, they had it listed as buyer to collect only. i bet if you offered postage to anywhere in the uk you could get double that!

I reckon you're on to something mate! Can you imagine the cost of insurance on a consignment like that though? Unless you could persuade pigeon post to handle it..

I reckon you're on to something mate! Can you imagine the cost of insurance on a consignment like that though? Unless you could persuade pigeon post to handle it..

i wreckon if it was converted to lpg and put on an agricultural tax class it would be much more tempting to put it into production, rather than just tweak the prototype

The idea of putting it back into production was mooted at the last AGM, but unfortunately one of the main investors also put alot of their money in the stock exchange so the idea has been shelved. I did hear that a small company of less than 1 man is tinkering away in a shed in deepest devon to try and build a modern hybrid. Who knows- there must be a market for these things in the right marketplace....

I have spent the last couple of weeks reaching this and I suspect with the backing of a few antique experts, David Dickinson in particular that it is indeed a fake and not an original as first thought :scared1:

David confirms that there is too much curve to the left front lower rear upper panel, a subtle but all too common mistake which is easily overlooked.

Yeah but unless i am mistaken David hasnt seen this particular example from up close, and that would have a large bearing on his decision surely. Obviously i recognise his overall orangeness and skill in all things antique though, so will defer to his opinion.