Is this of any use to anyone?

Anna

:blushing: so it is xerxses, i had forgotten that the special vehicles version came in electric blue in the 98/99 special edition:blushing:

I knew that! I just got back from my neighbour down the road...He said it was sold 2 years ago (unfortunatley) but offered me a new orange original shaft extensioner for the lower wingmoddler and a preused suspension holder. He claimed that it was from the 98/99 model:scared1: Luckily i turned his offer down as I was pretty sure they only made them in electric blue that particular year! Any ideas what year they made them in orange? Or is it simply a Chinese imposter part?

Close call that one...wouldnt wanna end up with that in my garage...

Expensive and probably unfixable!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel that i have a small amount of knowledge of these units, so must set a few things straight....

1. Dean, screw is for adjustment, unkess it is the red plastic one used for transport, which should be removed prior to installation and first use. They are all compliant if they have the adjustment screw.

2.Regarding pairs- they only became known as "pairs" when two singles were matched. Who'd have thought it. BTW this was made illegal in the summer months!

3.Well spotted on the year Andy! Even with the later parts fitted.:thumbup1:

4.Blue was only a short run factory option, but was in such high demand by the end of 79 that they allowed dealers to offer it as an aftermarket add on.

5.Mike Hill- thanks- I never realised that the reflective mirrors ever came as standard!

6.As Andy states- even when heavily modded they were awful off road.:thumbdown:

7.Unfortunately Electric blue and the later sage green are both as rare as hell nowadays, due to limited run of the blue, and the sage being sooo unpopular at the time all those have now been long left to rot in peace!:crying:

I feel that i have a small amount of knowledge of these units, so must set a few things straight....

1. Dean, screw is for adjustment, unkess it is the red plastic one used for transport, which should be removed prior to installation and first use. They are all compliant if they have the adjustment screw.

2.Regarding pairs- they only became known as "pairs" when two singles were matched. Who'd have thought it. BTW this was made illegal in the summer months!

3.Well spotted on the year Andy! Even with the later parts fitted.:thumbup1:

4.Blue was only a short run factory option, but was in such high demand by the end of 79 that they allowed dealers to offer it as an aftermarket add on.

5.Mike Hill- thanks- I never realised that the reflective mirrors ever came as standard!

6.As Andy states- even when heavily modded they were awful off road.:thumbdown:

7.Unfortunately Electric blue and the later sage green are both as rare as hell nowadays, due to limited run of the blue, and the sage being sooo unpopular at the time all those have now been long left to rot in peace!:crying:

lol:thumbup:

8.TommyB- easy mistake mate, we've all made that one, it is very unclear..

9.Xerxes you were right to turn your neighbour down- i wouldn't invite him round again if he tried THAT on. Phew!The orange original shaft extensioner for the wingmoddler could never have been from that year as yes, electric blue had been re-introduced, but on top of that the orange could not have been genuine as one of the original colour pigments used was found to be invalid!!

Anyway i hope these points have been useful to at least some of you, and Anna, you should put up some sort of security at your place if you are going to let everyone know that you have one!

8.TommyB- easy mistake mate, we've all made that one, it is very unclear..

9.Xerxes you were right to turn your neighbour down- i wouldn't invite him round again if he tried THAT on. Phew!The orange original shaft extensioner for the wingmoddler could never have been from that year as yes, electric blue had been re-introduced, but on top of that the orange could not have been genuine as one of the original colour pigments used was found to be invalid!!

Anyway i hope these points have been useful to at least some of you, and Anna, you should put up some sort of security at your place if you are going to let everyone know that you have one!

Especially as it is so obvious, from the picture, where it is being so carefully looked after.

Good point! Is that some kind of electric fence in the foreground? If so, good measures! Will keep most oportunists away!

I reckon Anna wants to erect some anti climb fencing. It should run from the dry bit in the left of the field right through. Failing that get the thing undercover and out of sight completely.