441 or 372xp

burrell_

I have a 441 and a 575, The saw I pick up first is the 441,perfectly balanced, good on fuel and powerfull enough for 90% of what I do.

Im very tempted to sell my 575 and get a second 441, the husqy although a tad tourqyer feels unnbalanced in comparision and is more thirsty.

372 is a good proven saw and id sooner run one than my 575 but the 441 is IMO better.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats the max bar u can but on a 576 xp mate or what would u use urs with

24" is what my 372 wears most the time i do have a 18" for thinning and woodland work...but a 24" is pretty much perfect for most things and nice to use up a tree as well if needed.

I did like my 372, used to mainly run 15" bar and 8 tooth rim and full chisel chain. Used to use it mainly for thinnings, dressing out big softwood and slicing stuff up for the splitter. Did have a 20" bar too but tended to use the 066 if it needed a long bar. Really nice saw to use but thirsty.

Have used a 441 for a few hours - did like it but it felt a bit more relaxed than a husky (though not as bad as the older stihls felt) though it felt in standard trim like it would handle a bigger bar better than the 372. Also seemed less thirsty than the 372 but don't think there was a huge difference in it.

Never tried the Makitas but not heard anything bad.

I think it depends on what your looking for from that particular saw. If you want your saw to have bags of torque and higher cutting speeds then as a general rule go for the husky coz they rip!

If however you like your saws massively reliable and long lasting then go for stihl. I no someone with a 441 that is nearly ten years old and runs faultlessly still earning him money.

just out of interest has anyone used a 441 on a 25 inch bar if so does it work well as im looking for a 20 inch bar to be used most the time and may be the 25 inch now and again

yep, its a nice size for the saw, it runs it very well and is a light well balanced saw, that is fuel efficient and light.

I think it depends on what your looking for from that particular saw. If you want your saw to have bags of torque and higher cutting speeds then as a general rule go for the husky coz they rip!

If however you like your saws massively reliable and long lasting then go for stihl. I no someone with a 441 that is nearly ten years old and runs faultlessly still earning him money.

i thouhgt the 441 was only brouhgt out 2yrs ago do you mean an 044 ?