Real Rogue Traders

Mesterh

Not a nice job this one!!

Did it the other day.

Got a call from an old dear

"We had someone cut down our trees, they posted a leaflet through the door but they left some logs at the side of the house, I cant find there phone number could you give me a price to take them away."

Heard it too many times before so went to have a look.

This is what was left outside the side of there house, someone had tripped over some brash left on pavement(not shown) which had alerted the client to the problem. They were a couple in there late 70's early 80's.

[ATTACH]13591[/ATTACH]

A bit pissed at what we saw it was nothing compared to what was behing the barracaded gates(the gates were open before hand apparently but the gits had well and truly shut them up)

[ATTACH]13592[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]13593[/ATTACH]

They had cut both conifers down and lashed them over the hedge into a waste bit of land. Apparently the guy who owns it is a bit of a naughty boy and will hopefully do something about it!

I have since found out who it was and they are 'new age travellers' (not wanting to upset anyone) who our frequently seen about the place.

We were absolutely sickened as to what some people will do to earn a quick buck (£600 btw in a day)

Not the first time I have had to deal with this and tbh its not the worst!

Would make Ivor and crew look like saints in comparison :001_tongue:

That sort of thing makes me mad,they want chipping along with the rest of the rubbish they have left behind.

A friend got a call from an elderly couple the other day to clear up some cherry branches and the pruning cuts from an elderly couple who had been fleeced....they came in at £30 to raise these cherrys then demanded £300 because apperently cherrys hard and they wrecked 3 chainsaws doing them!

I evan saw what looked like an 8 year old child ladders cutting off branches with a bow saw in one of my local villages after the same people had leaflet dropped the area...

While I feel sorry for the victims of such roque traders, I do ask, why they got an "unkown" to do the work after a leaflet drop. Why don't people ask their neighbours or the LA for a recommended company? Why don't people ask for second quote? and why does the law and government allow these traders to continue their policy of trading on their standards and not those of the rest of "acceptable society".

While I feel sorry for the victims of such roque traders, I do ask, why they got an "unkown" to do the work after a leaflet drop. Why don't people ask their neighbours or the LA for a recommended company? Why don't people ask for second quote? and why does the law and government allow these traders to continue their policy of trading on their standards and not those of the rest of "acceptable society".

Its they way they work mate they use high pressure sales, threats(basically) scaremonger, and repeatedly harass people into getting work done that doesnt need doing.

They think different than us decent folk so it can difficult to sort of comprehend what they do.

Dont forget this was an elderly couple who were easy to fleece unfortunately :sad: