Bandit wood chipper

lumberjacks

I'm looking into buying a bandit wood chipper I'm not sure what model of 90xp or 150ld there is mixed reports of there power to chip conifer which is easily 70 percent of our chipping

I'm sure there are tough robust chippers but if you guys could help me out or advise on what to go for if appreciate it

Thanks

I had a 90xp on demo a couple of weeks ago. We lined the hopper with as much conifer as we could and then started the rollers. It didn't blink, sucked it all in, in one go. Very impressive machines.

Dean on here (Global Newark) is the man to talk to. I've also know he has some 150LD in that are being overhauled. I'm sure he'd appreciate a skip across the water and taste of the Black stuff! Aye Dean!:thumbup:

You will get varied opinions on here ref weight, price etc. but (IMO)the build quality and performance are second to none. My main concern was dealer support. I visited Global and had a look around the workshop, parts dept and talked through how they support the customer. Very professional indeed.

• Like 1

What price region are the refurbs? We are investigating fitting a self powered chipper onto the track dumper bed to feed with the crane already installed.

It would simply be on a swivel mount to rotate for easier transport when required, and then turn so the feed hopper would be easily viewed by the operator.

Basically the chipper pictured minus the axle/drawbar, and a suitable mounting.

Air cooled would be ideal too?

Eddie.

What price region are the refurbs? We are investigating fitting a self powered chipper onto the track dumper bed to feed with the crane already installed.

It would simply be on a swivel mount to rotate for easier transport when required, and then turn so the feed hopper would be easily viewed by the operator.

Basically the chipper pictured minus the axle/drawbar, and a suitable mounting.

Air cooled would be ideal too?

Eddie.

The chipper as above s £12K+ vat complete, as a guess we would deduct approx £1K for removal of axle assembly & then add whatever the swivel mount cost unless you supply yourselves. Removal of the drawbar is easy. All air cooled 79hp turbo & have been fully serviced by ourselves from point of sale.

I have just ordered a 90xp from Bandit on a turntable base that will be mounted on a trailer similar to what you want although at double the cost. there could be a chance I could source the base if required.

Well yes something like that!!:biggrin:

You should know exactly where I'm coming from on this Stephen as it would be to go on Greg's dumper, which should obviously carry it just about anywhere.

If it would just fit inside the width for transport and then rotate to a suitable working position it would be ideal, as from the protected seating position of the dumper you would get a great view for feeding.

I was extremely impressed at the Confor show with the very heavy Bandit build and they couldn't have been more helpful.

A refurb would be ideal for our needs as obviously the machine is multi purpose and wouldn't justify the outlay on a new unit.

Do you open Saturdays?

Eddie.

Well yes something like that!!:biggrin:

You should know exactly where I'm coming from on this Stephen as it would be to go on Greg's dumper, which should obviously carry it just about anywhere.

If it would just fit inside the width for transport and then rotate to a suitable working position it would be ideal, as from the protected seating position of the dumper you would get a great view for feeding.

I was extremely impressed at the Confor show with the very heavy Bandit build and they couldn't have been more helpful.

A refurb would be ideal for our needs as obviously the machine is multi purpose and wouldn't justify the outlay on a new unit.

Do you open Saturdays?

Eddie.

I remember now, we discussed the 18" screened chipper. Incidentally we was planning a trip to France in the next few weeks to view this if your interested? If you want to visit we are open Seven days.