Opinions on the forst tr6

WoodED

I know your asking about the tracked version, but our st6 is going great.

We received it about may/june time i think, and have kept up with the maintenance whenever the computer says so, ie oil filter etc, blades to be changed, and once to every other week top up the grease. Again all easy as there all in the same place. Just like the rest of the machine well thought out ( 2bolts and you have access to the whole internals).

The only thing we had to change was the stress relief fuse as that blew. Once it blows you cant turn the machine on but forst sent out local engineers to change this in every machine i believe.

Forst them selfs are still providing great customer services and overall good lads.

Very happy that we made the change over to them

O also have found the the machine hasn't let up in power ie its still very hungry for timber and works everytime

Edited by Dan Earp

I've got a st6 and it's great yea we have had a few problems fuse has blown but they are coming to fit a solution next week and top roller went pop but again redwood came out the next day and sorted it!

Really easy to use maintenance is easy due grease points being in one place and easy access to the rest of the chipper. I would say I've used all of the 6 inch chippers and I would get the st6 every day!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• 2 weeks later...

Not owning a forst but used one quite a few times and I think it's a cracking machine, I'm a big fan of jensons, I like the way everything is easily accessible and I mean everything, I also like the way that every grease nipple is in one place so you can't really miss a greasing point when maintain the machine.

Although the lad that owns the machine has had countless problems with it, the feed roller gets jammed open and some other issues that I wasn't there to experience, once I work with him again I'll let you know what's went wrong with it. Btw this was his second forst the first one was sent back

He has sent his machine (the 2nd one) back and has been given a refund

We had Forst here yesterday & It is a reasonable machine , they are on with a solution to the roller issue and the electrics problem was cured by a larger fuse

like the lite large controls and the grease up

there are still some mod's I d like too make to it , but a resilient looking bit of kit & I've seen a fair few in my years .. good build , fabricated & assembled in Britain too