new top handel ms 201 t or t540xp

d-raittuk

Bought from Dick Leigh, its just a standard 201t chain, (you will need a longer chain for a 540t for the same bar length than on the 201t)

ok so is it a conversation over the phone or can one just purchace a longer 201t chain off the rack? my issue is my local stihl dealer is just that and I wonder what his reaction to "can you do me a chain for this (pulls out the t540 in orange)" my husky dealer is just that, ornage all the way, so will only advise the husky chain for my saw:001_rolleyes:... see my dylema...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think you need 2 extra links, but I'm not certain, hopefully those in the know will be along soon to clarify.

If they don't I'll nip out to the container and compare a 14" for the 201 with one for the 540, as I'm sure I have both in stores.

fantastic thanks! hope it's as simple is buying the next size up, that saves a whole conversation.. either way I'm gonna find one, in your opinion does it really make the difference? I'm quite happy to have my 540 in hand after some christmas dilevery nonsense but would like it up to scratch for the new year and that means full chisel in my mind :thumbup:

OK just checked, a 14" 201t chain is 50 drive links, a 14" 540t chain is 52 drive links.

Ok so does that mean I need one making? I'm guessing it'll be 2 links on all sizes. I have the 12" on the 540, should be just a phone call to someone that'll do it.