screw type log splitters

cd233u

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marmite :001_smile:

yes very true hit the nail on the head

been bitten a few times and bought a dud low hp engine wrong gearing belts jumping off stalling engine blood and more finger blood lol

i just plod with a hydraulic splitter as i only do arb waste so had no choice just a steep learning curve for me duh"

yes very true hit the nail on the head

been bitten a few times and bought a dud low hp engine wrong gearing belts jumping off stalling engine blood and more finger blood lol

i just plod with a hydraulic splitter as i only do arb waste so had no choice just a steep learning curve for me duh"

Not to cast too many aspersions here - and I know that alot of the kit that's made at home or in the workshop is made well - but I've seen some shocking screw type splitters cobbled together.....:thumbdown:

guy I know who used screw splitter put me off using when he said he had broken his left thumb like 4 times and the right one 6 times you gotta be mental I guess.

Strange how the Hycrack owners love them and the hydraulic users don't? If I wanted advice about hydraulic splitters, I would ask an actual owner, not some guy down the pub, or a bloke that broke his thumb once, let alone ten times. Why on earth did he break it ten times? Surely someone with an ounce of sense would have given up after a couple of times?

Take it from a user of around 40 years, they are safe if used properly. I don't know of ANYONE injured by a Hycrack, but I am aware of someone close to me who almost severed his hand with an hydraulic splitter. So who's advice would you value? Me or the man with perpetually broken thumbs?:001_smile:

Strange how the Hycrack owners love them and the hydraulic users don't? If I wanted advice about hydraulic splitters, I would ask an actual owner, not some guy down the pub, or a bloke that broke his thumb once, let alone ten times. Why on earth did he break it ten times? Surely someone with an ounce of sense would have given up after a couple of times?

Take it from a user of around 40 years, they are safe if used properly. I don't know of ANYONE injured by a Hycrack, but I am aware of someone close to me who almost severed his hand with an hydraulic splitter. So who's advice would you value? Me or the man with perpetually broken thumbs?:001_smile:

it wasn't some random guy down the pub it's a guy who's been doing firewood 50+ years id say he was fairly experienced.

it wasn't some random guy down the pub it's a guy who's been doing firewood 50+ years id say he was fairly experienced.

Look, I don't want to cause an argument, but someone who has broken his thumbs 10 times is not experienced, he is very inexperienced. The Hycrack is a fantastic piece of very simple engineering. All it needs is regular greasing and a new tip every few years. And I've been cutting firewood for almost as long as your friend, sad to say.