service magic

jose

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, reallly really quiet.

Basically you sign up, some lazy git somewhere wants tree work done for tuppence hapenny and doesn't care who does it or how good the job is and can't be bothered even searching on Yell or Google for someone local, they fill in a form online and send it off for free. You and 5 other guys get an email or text with the contact details, then it's a mad rush to get there first. Half the time the lazy git takes the first quote he gets and won't answer the phone to the other companies.

I was on it for a short while, you pay £15 to compete with 5 other people for a £60 hedge cut. Service Magic gets £6 x £15 = £90, you get £60 - £15 = £45 and everyone gets pissed off.

I told them to shove it. What a total waste of money. They pestered me to re-subscribe but i'd sooner chop my own hands off with the wrong side of a blunt Silky than reward them for exploiting Joe Public's laziness.

I used it for a bit, had a job about 2 hours of strimming grass that hadn't been cut for months in a big house with huge electric gates and loads of other work. Thought great I can get in here nice bit of regular work and they're bound to know people who want work doing as well.

I put in £35. They said it only deserved £10 because their grandson used to cut their grass (before it got way out of hand) for £10.

Numpties with no idea how much service costs. I did offer to come back and sort it out if they manage to find someone who would do it for £10 though.

I had a lead were this African lady wonted her willow tree removed. So i gave her a price of £1700 and that was cheep considering it was next to her green house and the tree was 60 foot tall. And her reply was her brother can cut it down and take the waste for £200. So i happily said sorry cant beat that smiled and left. Well she phoned two hours later and asked if i could do it for £500. Which i told her no.then two weeks later one of my crews said that some one had cut a tree and it landed over the Next doors garden and destroyed there wood cabin thing that they had there jacuzzi in and it turned out to be that same person. Hope she learned a valuable lesson that day, leave the trees to the arborists.

Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.

Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.