Stump Grinding, look before you Grind!

arbwork

Out of intrest when you say priced to dig

hot and cold running water with drainage! price included mini digger and 2 for the day to remove decking from around the tree and to explore for services if there were any:001_huh: stuck this on a low loader to get kit to site, 1st time we've tried it this way bit of a job driving down narrow street and turning into the site!

597667014a6d0_woodchipping1.jpg.897c6cc5bda689ffc4165891785e9474.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hot and cold running water with drainage! price included mini digger and 2 for the day to remove decking from around the tree and to explore for services if there were any:001_huh: stuck this on a low loader to get kit to site, 1st time we've tried it this way bit of a job driving down narrow street and turning into the site!

Nice, nice kit!:thumbup:

What gave you the niggle to make you dig first?

I always ask the customer if services are about and so far never been unlucky to come across anything that mattered, but have thought who would be to blame if I did.

From an expensive experience I can say it's down to you - when the service engineers appear on a call out they ask for your drawings,and then start tutting at your blank expression!

You should have drawings from all the utilities companies before you start digging - and then consider a CAT type scan if there are any shown near to the digging site to identify the runs for those that are detectable - also worth a look at your insurance,mine had this procedure word for word pretty much - so the £2k came out of my pocket

Go and get a lottery ticket mate, today's your lucky day!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

regarding utilities - we shifted ours around a bit and then a bloke rang up to enquire about plotting where everything was. No problem says I, make it when I am about and I can show you exactly where it all is.

Turns up while I am away and seems to have guessed where it all is - numpties :lol::lol::lol:

Some utility company's do a 'ring before you dig' service .... They'll come out and identify where their services lie... And don't forget your not liable for any damage to services above 18"/QUOTE]

not true as I discovered. I hit leccy, and argued that, but was told that although it may have been at the right depth to start with, over the years, people dig ground out and reduce levels, so I was liable. Still wriggled out of it though:thumbup1: