Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

John took good time to setup the TMK300 which is running through the Engcon Ec209 unit via Ec-Oil, so a no hose solution.

Took a fair bit of dialling in which was an eye opener, so maybe not just a case of plugging one in and go, or if you’re running one under a Tiltrotator, take the time to get your chosen installer to pay a visit with pressure gauges to dial it all in correctly.

There’s a couple of great videos from a Dealer in America that explain how the TMK with collector works and a guide to setting up the timing.

Once the larger portion of the Turbo Ram was coming into play, it really did deliver a blow.

I’d expect that it’ll do something like 4 to 5” on the smaller/faster stroke and from what I’ve seen pretty much anything you can get in it, once the bigger portion catches up.

The fact it collects automatically is fantastic compared to something like a Westtech, you just choose when to drop the bundle, press and hold the button whilst you open the jaw.

Should be a real quick setup and bunch up that awkward small stuff nicely for the following chipper.

Eddie.

• Like 1

Just a snippet that shows John Craig at the controls dialling in the Engcon Ec209 with the SVAB controls.

This actually has the latest Intermercato TG25 SR5 Grab, specced by myself and converted to Ec-Oil by Jcc Group for a no hose solution.

I was really torn between which grab to spec on this unit as weight is a major consideration, but this has turned out nicely.

I’ll be keeping an eye on it as I’ll probably supply this to people who want a grab for the 6 tonners or a cheaper/lighter option for an 8.

John really has the unit flying now!

Eddie.

• Like 1

On 28/03/2019 at 23:13, monkeybusiness said:

There’s a lot of work in that Eddie - are the tracks longer too? They look enormous! 

I doubt you’ll be able to even see that bucket... 

Yes the Tracks have been lengthened.

It’s been built to a very specific spec as I wanted it to be exactly 2.9 metres wide with 700mm pads and rubber blocks for roadside work, so no movement order required making transport cheaper and more convenient.

Its going to put setups twice the money in the shade Roadside with 13 metre reach, Engcon and TMK with Turbo Ram and Collector coming together to produce a very fast setup for smaller material.

There’s another completely different setup for it being fitted today that will give it another dimension altogether.

When in full LGP mode with the 1200mm pads it works out just under 3.4 metres wide which is basically the same as my previous Kobelco. Experience has shown that’s the maximum you’d want to go to for a balance of ease of transport and generally accessing gates etc.

To achieve this and better vision working over hedges/fences or down slopes it’s had a 9” lift too.

You sit higher in this than the Liebherr with the cab down.

John and his team have done a fantastic job given the exacting spec and no there’s really little tolerance to play with!

Credit to Adrian at Cabcare for producing me a one off Certified Cab Guard for the JS145 with a top section of the front screen grille that can be unbolted for an unobstructed view when on Bucket work.

246A0F8A-DA5F-4C78-9405-AB83DE7E7261.thumb.jpeg.011d187963753698b0ffa74ca3705189.jpeg

101DEC7A-9CEE-44F7-9283-F6CD67B6C0C6.thumb.jpeg.1ad501e71a33eef42267f795c9566dc0.jpeg

7801A938-2C04-44D2-9E97-A4D6AA2849E5.thumb.jpeg.80f0711993af9777e7446ee5c8638d7f.jpeg

3881E9B1-23F7-4E0E-BCEC-95DDB13A29E8.thumb.jpeg.b24135a2194629eaeea74a0f0e62ff2b.jpeg

Eddie.

I should have written down all the various weights John quoted me for this Iveco, it certainly had me scratching my head, that this thing no bigger than a double cab Transit was ok for carrying 3.5 tonne?

Apparently it’s legal with a U35 Kubota on it!

Fair setup.?

No it’s not got a fifth wheel onto that trailer!0C8BFEB8-14EE-4F33-8E80-12F1C4A6A317.thumb.jpeg.22237d965e817a585082d4c0c47503e5.jpeg

Eddie.

8 hours ago, LGP Eddie said:

I should have written down all the various weights John quoted me for this Iveco, it certainly had me scratching my head, that this thing no bigger than a double cab Transit was ok for carrying 3.5 tonne?

Apparently it’s legal with a U35 Kubota on it!

Fair setup.?

No it’s not got a fifth wheel onto that trailer!0C8BFEB8-14EE-4F33-8E80-12F1C4A6A317.thumb.jpeg.22237d965e817a585082d4c0c47503e5.jpeg

Eddie.

Looks like a 7000kg gross weight, so 3500kg should be possible.

40 minutes ago, Craig. said:

Looks like a 7000kg gross weight, so 3500kg should be possible.

Yes I believe it’ll carry 3.5 and tow 3.5. It’s size was something done in a nice colour could, with a dropside and flat floor kit, could literally be a daily drive too. 

Eddie.

9 minutes ago, LGP Eddie said:

Yes I believe it’ll carry 3.5 and tow 3.5. It’s size was something done in a nice colour could, with a dropside and flat floor kit, could literally be a daily drive too. 

Eddie.

Tachograph and possibly speed limited too though. And 6 week checks. 

And you can’t tow 3.5 tonnes with a standard licence, even pre 97. 

Edited by monkeybusiness

13 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

Tachograph and possibly speed limited too though. And 6 week checks. 

And you can’t tow 3.5 tonnes with a standard licence, even pre 97. 

Do the necessary and enjoy doing the job in comfort instead of dragging the arse out of a pickup with some trailer that’s never been maintained since the day it was built.

Not for everyone but an impressive compact solution.

Eddie.