Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

Not if you put a small extension mounting on to utilise with the bucket ram and pipe the grab properly through two auxiliary circuits.

The productivity difference of being able to rotate the grab or material is huge, along with making things like stacking or loading chipper simple.

Thumbs are great bits of kit, simple and strong ideal for straightforward clearance work.

Eddie.

Hmm can't picture this. do you mean like an extended dipper arm?

Hmm can't picture this. do you mean like an extended dipper arm?

No mate it's just a short jib you hook onto your current quick hitch to give a short extension and a nice mount for the grab.

I'll go and dig something up for you, but enjoy this whilst you wait!:thumbup:

[ame]

[/ame]

Eddie.

Eddie- its just clicked what you meant- the extension being operated by the bucket ram to give the extra lift height- neat idea. Actually, that Yanmar looks well thought out- Im looking for new options when i trade my Takeuchi in at the end of this year- it seems from looking at manuufacturers that this size machine are becoming increasingly zero tail swing or much reduced- whereas their older models were standard.

Eddie- its just clicked what you meant- the extension being operated by the bucket ram to give the extra lift height- neat idea. Actually, that Yanmar looks well thought out- Im looking for new options when i trade my Takeuchi in at the end of this year- it seems from looking at manuufacturers that this size machine are becoming increasingly zero tail swing or much reduced- whereas their older models were standard.

There's actually a bit more to it if you want it? Basically for an ultra simple setup you get your preferred fabrication guy to knock up an extension, but house inside it a six way electric diverter valve.

Neatly pipe up the grab to this using the fact you can run hoses through this mount and have just one pair of hoses running back to the machines dual acting auxiliary circuit.

All you now need is a cable running back to the machine to a button on top of your lever (could even be the horn button) that you simply press to switch from grab to rotate, as and when required.

It gives both functions without the need for an extra dual acting circuit to be fitted, and can if done well result in an ultra tidy installation.

There is an image of a nice extension here, but this is more optimised in angle to a harvester geometry, as for using a grab you'd be looking for more height/reach.

http://www.jaspwilson.co.uk/upload/image/harva_digger_5.jpg

Eddie.

Have got a standard thumb which goes well with a clay spade, I like this for its simplicity. Thinking of shortening the thumb though so the tips meet for accuracy.

Then we've got the timber grab which was cheap and is great for stacking stuff but can be a bit cumbersome.

image.jpg.66a6502116ade2f246de56f95df5d6d6.jpg