Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

i thought it was stones and sticks getting inbetween the tracks that knocked them off. I now just pump some grease in to keep them tight if i have been doing any distance tracking.

Just a thought, but how about getting the Idlers fitted with the rim of a sprocket to help keep a grip either end?

Sprockets are cheap enough, and not a big job for a decent fabricator?

You could fit guides, but it would need to be something sacrificial like nylon blocks to prevent them damaging the track.

Eddie.

Just a thought, but how about getting the Idlers fitted with the rim of a sprocket to help keep a grip either end?

Sprockets are cheap enough, and not a big job for a decent fabricator?

You could fit guides, but it would need to be something sacrificial like nylon blocks to prevent them damaging the track.

Eddie.

Eddie our fitter suggested doing this on a machine that was easy to de track, have you actually seen it done?

The alternative suggestion is to add a longer axle to the roller nearest the idler with outrigger idlers.

i thought it was stones and sticks getting inbetween the tracks that knocked them off. I now just pump some grease in to keep them tight if i have been doing any distance tracking.

Do you tension them as per the spec in the manual?, it makes a big difference!

I find tensioning tracks too much can have the opposite effect, there is meant to be a bit of give in a track to allow it to contort and flex as necessary, I think just tension it up as your meant to and just be cautious going over the rough stuff, like Stephen I have only had track come off twice in over a year- both times in the most awkward situation ever!

Eddie our fitter suggested doing this on a machine that was easy to de track, have you actually seen it done?

The alternative suggestion is to add a longer axle to the roller nearest the idler with outrigger idlers.

I've not seen it done afterwards, but there is machine I've seen with this as standard and it won't come to me? I have an old 3 tonne JCB in my mind?:confused1:

I'll ask John Craig his thoughts on this subject, as if anyone will know how to best prevent it he will.

Eddie.

Do you tension them as per the spec in the manual?, it makes a big difference!

No I've never seen the manual for my machine!

I jack it up, if it looks like it shouldn't depending on where I'm working, something inside my head says to give it a bit of a pump of grease or not.