Boss wants to hire chipper and van off me, how much to charge?

smudge1

day by day £150 plus your wage

by the week £550.

Don't forget you will be taxed on what ever you get as it's earnings.

Like has been mentioned above a hire shop is £80/day or £300ish/week for a 6" chipper and a transit tipper would be £70/day or £250/week.

Ensure you have a hire agreement in place, if he went to rapid hire for a chipper and knackered it he would be paying for it's repair. The same for the truck.

Also the boss pays for the diesel. Make sure you are insured for hire and reward

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think £100 a day for van and chipper, plus your wages, is fair for you both.

Just do him a proper written quote, stressing that any damage or breakdowns during his 'hire' time is his responsibility.

If this is acceptable to him make sure he signs the quote as accepted.

£500 a week buys you a lot of kit to get yourself off the ground.

Good luck bye the way

We have a good working relationship but he could get funny the more i do my private work. Ive explained im starting up my own business and he's tried to talk me out of it every way possible. He offered me all sorts of deals which i excepted but said i am still starting on my own. think he thought the pay generous rise etc would put the starting my own thing on the back burner. It hasnt, so now his asks me to work saturdays but im decline as im working for myself then have to go to his yard to get my van... his wife gave me the demon stare!

It's only going one way,it;s happened a thousand times before and will always be the way when someone wants to go there own way.

Just try to handle it in a professional manner and remember it.s not personal its a job of work and what you do to earn money and that's what comes first.