New 560xp Owner Advice

hawthornheavyhorses

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not on my 576XP. As I said, refill, decomp, pull, get on with it! It cuts like a nutter, and it's completely unmodded, so open to suggestions if folks think I'm missing something!

I think 576 is " first generation A/T " if that makes a difference ?

I've run mine right out with no problems.

I think the trick is to kill it as soon as it starts pinking rather than run it bone dry.

Agreed on that one. Saw tells me when it's about to die - so hit the red switch and refuel. Very occasionally it doesn't, and it takes a few pulls to get the fuel going again (no bulb - another missing item on that otherwise-amazing saw), but nothing untoward.

I think 576 is " first generation A/T " if that makes a difference ?

I'm not really sure what the difference is, but the 576xp also is a first generation "strato", which always meant more weight - and only Husky have got out of that "trap" so far. :wink:

The AT on the 576xp meant even more weight, on top of it being a 1st generation strato - while the second generation strato saws, with the second generation AT, are lighter than the saws they replaced.

That is a major improvement! :001_smile:

Edited by SawTroll

Work it like any other saw get rid of the spark arrester thingey as it restricts it,down side they love clutches and chain brakes and ive done 3 huskey 15 inch bars ,it seems to have too much power for the roller bearing on the end of the bar to cope with but still a top saw loads of guts,enjoy.

The stock .325 15" bar withh H25/21BPX and a 7-pin is way "underkill" on that saw - the saw simply has too much power for it. :001_rolleyes:

Before mine even left the saw shop, it had a 3/8" 16" with H42/73LP setup on it, and it will take a lot more! :001_smile: