cooking on log burner

wardy

Bob what do ya cook your ham in to stop it burning ? need to start a recipe book me thinks.

Put your ham on a trivet or wire rack, then fill pan with water..

My old granny used to cook individual meat puddings on a range/solid fuel cooker all cooked in a cloth the traditional way, she had to cook them individually because all family would come home at different times.

The best old cafe we used to go in with my dad back in thd 70s everything was cooked on a coal range, proper good grub.

I can cook on a campfire or a wood burner as well as I can on a gas cooker, sometimes better. But I grew up doing it, some of you have got to learn from scratch. The trick is to manage your heat, then anything is possible.

• 2 weeks later...

:thumbup::thumbup:

Put your ham on a trivet or wire rack, then fill pan with water..

My old granny used to cook individual meat puddings on a range/solid fuel cooker all cooked in a cloth the traditional way, she had to cook them individually because all family would come home at different times.

The best old cafe we used to go in with my dad back in thd 70s everything was cooked on a coal range, proper good grub.

I can cook on a campfire or a wood burner as well as I can on a gas cooker, sometimes better. But I grew up doing it, some of you have got to learn from scratch. The trick is to manage your heat, then anything is possible.

:thumbup:Yep spot on Lea,

Beleive it or not im going to cook our turkey this year on the log burner :001_tongue:

Full xmas dinner as well as every other cooked meal on mine. I don't have an electric or gas oven.

Have to admit to it being the range type woodburner.

Does all the heating and hot water too.

Fair play bud, very envious i would love one of those. our log burner is a flat top but not that big so just enough space for the tu.rkey:thumbup:

Contemplating roasting a rib of beef in front of fire

Aparently sticking it in oven is baking not roasting ......

So need wire from ceiling, fasten to rib and dripping tray below

Just need to get motivated

There is bloke offering a course on how to do this for £300

But think I'd rather spend £300 elsewhere .......not one for courses really