Do mower pushers earn the same as a climber?

ms660isthebest

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll the boss I work for has said today like or lump. I can t afford to give you a pay rise. But he can afford to pay a grass cutter the same money.

So I earning the boss roughly the same as the grass cutter. (Profit)

If you consider yourself a good climber,then its time to look elsewhere mate.

We'll the boss I work for has said today like or lump. I can t afford to give you a pay rise. But he can afford to pay a grass cutter the same money.

So I earning the boss roughly the same as the grass cutter. (Profit)

You've answered your own question.

I was always on the saws, never considered grass cutting at all. Now I earn equally as much on a mower as I can on the saw, at times more. And it's easier monay, suits me :thumbup: it's not about what job anyone does, but how they do it. I've heard of quite a few cases where grass cutters earn as much if not more than tree workers, I think it's to do with the pay scales? I can't explain it, cos I don't understand how the companies pay structure is worked out.

I guess you're on the saws come this time of year though Andy.:001_smile:

I'd like to know how gardeners suddenly became 'mower pushers' It takes years of training to become a gardener. Gardeners also need to be able to handle clients who generally see them as lower in the food chain than the bloke with all the bondage gear.

Most gardeners knowledge of botanical names far exceeds arborists. Cue grief. Probably pests and diseases too. Though not fungi.

In truth gardeners other than the trumped up designer/gardener exhibit (need to exhibit)more humility than climbers and are generally less manager input maintenance characters. This is not always true granted and I've known a few climbers who were quality carefree individuals and good blokes too.

Personally though I pay climbers more. Mental I know.:001_tongue:

I think each job may be seen as equally important to him, as a business. He needs tree men, he needs grass cutters, so treat them all the same. Of course we'd all like a little more than the other chaps, we all work that little bit harder, have a riskier job, have a more tedious job whatever. At the end of the day, it's about how much each sector earns the business, not about one individual.