My dogs face n chin is hanging with ticks

predator

Had my little kai on my knee last night log burner going nice n warmies and started giving him a fuss etc and felt a little lump on his belly so got the mag glass out and wow its alive so got to looking closer and his head area is infested i must of removed about 20 burnt them on one of my candles but theres loads of little ones i mean about hundred or so i feel so guilty now as though i,ve neglected him but i worm him he,s booked in on tues for his yearly mot injections etc i,ve now double dosed him with spot on to killem all hes so infested i feel like a bad dog owner now i just hope he will be ok as he,s only a little dog but give him a large dog dose at the back of his head to get rid quick etc little swines sucking his blood etc its like we,ve had a massive outbreak round this way of ticks and upto now i hav,nt had one on me even though he sleeps on my bed etc not good i know :thumbdown:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get these The O'TOM / TICK TWISTER® to remove ticks: Official Website, they're brilliant.:thumbup1:

Keep up with the monthly dose of Frontline/Advantix/Spot-on.

I went Squirrel bashing in a wood a while back, I had a dozen or more on my trousers, and took 30 odd off the dog, still managed to miss a couple.:thumbdown:

The O Tom sorted those out

Flaming things give me the creeps

after removing them what did you do withem as i dropped them into a candle flame

also do they not just die and fall off my dog as he,s always with me in the long grass rooting round etc i just hope the spot on stuff i used today will killem all and just drop off etc as he,s now residing in his cage in the kitchen as he was sleeping on the bed with me but thats out the window now lol will they live in around the hose etc or just die off etc

had 3 on me the other day.....olive oil...drown them with that and they pull out easy!!

Never smother/drown/burn them with anything, as they release themselves from their "hosts" they regurgitate their stomach back into the "host" and if they are an infected tick, the host is now infected with Lyme Disease

Please read this

Q.2 – How do I remove a tick from myself or my pet?

A.2 - How you remove a tick is very important as it can help to prevent the transmission of disease-causing organisms or leaving bits of the tick behind, which can cause irritation, infection and scarring. Using methods of freezing, burning, or applying solutions to a tick may cause it to regurgitate (vomit) its saliva or stomach contents. These fluids may contain disease-causing organisms. See our section on ‘Tick Removal‘ for the safest ways to remove an attached tick and for our ‘Myth Busting‘ section.

Taken from here

BADA UK | Borreliosis and Associated Diseases Awareness UK

Take care guys:thumbup1:

yes they do live waiting for a host to appear to jump on. put his bedding in a hot wash will kill them but as other post get a tom o tick and get a bottle of medicated flea and tick shampoo for dogs and cats and wash him in that will kill the lot just done my three as lousy with flees not anymore all gone down drain. its the warm damp weather doing it they love it.