front mount chipper on a mog

Stephen Blair

Cracking rig mate

well the chipper is great, ts smaller than my previous one but so much more pulling in power, as for the chipper on the front, its excellent. the mog runs so much better, more balanced and goes so much faster now:thumbup1:you just turn up and thats it, no reversing, or un loading tools out of the hopper(we re-aranged the toolbox and made so much more room), up and down with the arms. i just need to get the spout extended properly and extend my sides on the mog and we will be jamming:thumbup:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

Shreks Wee Brother, your chipper looks ideal. Did I understand that you had a Schliesing 400 U on a 406 previously?

Is the weight of the two machines comparable? I see at

Schliesing Holzzerkleinerer that the 330 ZX weight with 270º is 1250kg. They list the 400 UZX as 980kg but I can't find the weight of a 400 U. You mention the 330 ZX has more pull than the 400 U. I wonder what the practical weight limit for a front mount on a 406 is. Of course it depends on how long the support pushes it out. I suppose there is a good reason why many of the pictures I see of chippers on the mog put the chipper fairly far out front which both adds to the weight problem and screws the approach angle.

Do you think it is possible to move the chipper very close to the frame with a pivot point in line with the U joint? That way the chipper could be tilted back to improve the approach angle.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry mate, i overlooked this by a week. its not like me i apologise. i had the chipper on a u2450, just a bit bigger lol. i couldnt tell you what weight it is, i can look at the plate. you would need to put it straight on a din plate i reckon and get some weight on the back arms, but the best guy to speak to is alex price, drop him an email and he will keep you right and tell you straight if this machine will suit yours and point you in the right direction