What husky to buy

Govou

There is no legislation that says you must match the chain speed of the saw to the ppe....if that were the case we would all be wearing class 1 or 2 gloves!

Dont bother with class 2 trousers unless your employer requires them. Compared to class 1:

The fit is not as nice, heavier, hotter when working and feels like you have a 15 tog duvet wrapped around your legs. (great if you want to enter a shin kicking contest though lol)

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Much nicer in heavy snow too, unless it's front only, then the back of your legs get cold

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is Friday saws of every model from every manufacturer, if people worried about them, nobody would buy any saws!

Wiseco, you are sounding a bit broken record... Again! Seriously, try one, as the saying goes, don't knock it till you try it!

Eddy, I hold my hand up and say they aren't to my liking, you admit yourself you've even had issues with yours. You even admit now to hot starting issues.

Not a week goes by someone post about something breaking or struggling to start them and the dealers causing lots of downtime. Also worryingly some of the failures are safety features. With the 550/560xp models its a case of when not if they break down.

Im not anti husky ive got several myself (357 and 372 big bore) and hopefully a 390/395 in the near future but certain models of saws I dislike that includes some stihls aswell.

Eddy, I hold my hand up and say they aren't to my liking, you admit yourself you've even had issues with yours. You even admit now to hot starting issues.

Not a week goes by someone post about something breaking or struggling to start them and the dealers causing lots of downtime. Also worryingly some of the failures are safety features. With the 550/560xp models its a case of when not if they break down.

Im not anti husky ive got several myself (357 and 372 big bore) and hopefully a 390/395 in the near future but certain models of saws I dislike that includes some stihls aswell.

Thats a very fair and un biased opinion . Have to say all my saws are Husqvarna now having sold my ms200t and replaced it with a t540 . After initial 560 probs both A/T saws have been superb . The 560 is from 2011 and the 540 is a couple of months old .

We have added the 560 with a 20" bar. It's a cracking saw! We have the Stihl 026 and Stihl 046, the 560 sits perfectly in between them.It is used for sectioning down as soon as the T540 runs out of bar length. Its alot lighter than 046 and still very powerful hence the 046 now has a back seat.

Definitely recommended!

I openly admit I've had problems, ONE warranty repair, which was the rubber oiler channel split, the other fault is when it's a hot day, the carb over-richens the L adjuster, to fix this, I hold the rear handle on WOT, knock the brake off, and pull it over, but I sometimes have to do this on my 150t (more often than not).

I also think the engine cools too fast, longer than 5 mins requires a cold start, but its an awesome saw, it'd knock the socks off any saw up to 70cc I would say, as it runs at the same speed as a 390xp, if they weren't fitted with the stupid blue boxes, who knows how good they'd be!

I had my reservations when I first heard about A/T, and Tbf I still do, as they can hide severe air leaks, rich and lean mixtures, and god knows what else, but it's the way of progress, it is what will be to make sure we can buy shiny new saws that earn our living, so I bit the bullet, it's better than any other saw I've used, that includes most of husky's pro 3 series range, and a fair few stihl pro series range. But it will be, these new saws have ALL been designed to blitz through a woodland in record time, but not designed for the British climate... The weather for our country is unpredictable, you can go from freezing, to hot, from humid, to arid, all in less than 24 hours, and for a machine that locks at the previous settings, in this way, it was never going to work properly.

As for faulty parts, that unfortunately is how it is now, where I work spent £250k on new golf course machinery, in that time, we had one machines throttle cable snap, another sheared the bolt that holds the cable on the engine, one machines drive belts snapped on 4/7 cutting units, another, the drive chains stretched to the point that it slipped teeth, we have a boom sprayer that's more temperamental than any woman I've ever met, the 2 largest mowers needed complete fuel system replacements, the roller has had that many new parts that it's a chassis off a new machine, the ride-on rake and bulldozer had to have a new rear attachment as it kept shearing the pivot bolt every time it was used, oh, and several hydraulic leaks, which on sports turf, completely obliterates the work you've done! Why settle for it? Simple answer is that the opposition's equipment is equally as flimsy and crap. The older stuff is built to last longer, but the new stuff is designed to get more work done before it goes for warranty work. As for safety features, it's only a chainbrake, it's a few quid to fix, how ever did the fallers get on before chainbrakes were around? People have a tendency to offset good technique and common sense with safety features too much, but that's a whole different rant.

All in all, each to their own, but don't slate it unless you've used said saw, and that it was faulty, if you're gonna say that they're all full of faults