Help id this please

jose

Hi All

Went and saw an acacia today with this growth at the base.

The chap said that the fungi has only appeared in the last 3 days, before that there was nothing.

As its come up it has pushed away the bark from the trunk.

the bark sounds hollow on the side of the tree facing the camera, solid on the rear. I did notice growth staring from a root just below the surface on the other side of the tree as well.

The owner said he has noticed that recently the tree appears to lean more ( away from the gravel / fungus side.

The tree is next to a gravel driveway but otherwise open and very healthy looking.

Any ideas on what it is would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

image.jpg.8383086ed2dd72737e5b265fb394373f.jpg

Armilaria I would imagine

There is a enormous amount of fruiting going on currently

Here too, I've never seen such large fruiting bodies and numbers of honey fungus. I understand that some people say when cooked it is edible, has anyone here tried it?

Armilaria I would imagine

Probably A. Melea

There is a enormous amount of fruiting going on currently

yes, astonishing amounts this year:thumbup1:

Here too, I've never seen such large fruiting bodies and numbers of honey fungus. I understand that some people say when cooked it is edible, has anyone here tried it?

popular in spain I believe

That's a shame, this guy loves his tree.

Would you recommend removal?

Personally i would but never hurts to get a second opinion.

Many thanks[/

whats the damage potential around the area and is the area frequented by people - if there are no such issues leave it or reduce/ crown thin. this may add a few more years to its life. If you decide to fell, and there are other trees and shrubs nearby - stump grinding is essential

Thanks Paul

It is along side his driveway and has lawn behind which is the direction i reckon it would go if it did.

there is a footpath and road about 10-15ft away and it would reach this if it went that way.

no other trees or shrubs within 15 ft at least.

Thanks for you input.