any one wearing rings at work?

MattyF

stopped wearing anything like that even a watch when i was on the spanners and saw a bloke working with me arc himself across the starter soleniod terminal to the earth with his ring the smell of searing flesh was blooming awful and the burns went deep ..

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is no **** but a guy who worked with my brother inlaw jumped off the back of a truck and as he jumped he knock a broom over at the same time. he landed with the broom handle up his ass! he was off for months with massive internal injuries.

that dont sound to nice bill!

Im starting to think this could be a lot gayer than i first thought as i cant hold a fuckin mouse let alone a rope or,branch or saw and i had some cracking jobs coming up in the next few weeks that ive been looking forward to for ages!

Balls! at least i got an excuse not to by g the rest of her x mas presents! cheers for the kind words though guys

I had a aussie work for me once and he had a stainless steel ring that was made to take bottle tops off. I told him all morning to take the thing off but h didnt. Mid morning whilst loading the truck up he jumped off the back of the the truck and swang on the greedy boards any way the ring caught and he wasn't tall enuf for his feet to touch the ground and de gloved his fingure to just below his knuckle. he nearley needed plastic surgery.

In the Navy they had a safety poster like that only instead of degloving it amputated it. NO jewlery is needed in the workplace!

this is no **** but a guy who worked with my brother inlaw jumped off the back of a truck and as he jumped he knock a broom over at the same time. he landed with the broom handle up his ass! he was off for months with massive internal injuries.

this is not uncommon my mum used to work in the A&E at the hospital and says if to ever climb up a ladder or the like, you should tuck you pants in your socks,because if the broom handle finds your trouser leg it can only go one place,not good

Reminds me when I was an apprentice many years ago and we had to watch a film about "hand safety". A guy had slipped down a ladder and left his ring and finger and arm tendons behind on a rung. Never worn a ring since!

MattyF, sorry about your finger. I wish you a speedy recovery.

About five years ago I was pruning a beech tree in Chorlton (Manchester) when somehow my wedding ring came off and fell down a cavity in the tree. I`m glad I left it there.

I sometimes drive by that tree. Its nice to know it must still be there.

MattyF, sorry about your finger. I wish you a speedy recovery.

About five years ago I was pruning a beech tree in Chorlton (Manchester) when somehow my wedding ring came off and fell down a cavity in the tree. I`m glad I left it there.

I sometimes drive by that tree. Its nice to know it must still be there.

will beat the hell out hitting a stone or a nail in the tree @ least it will pay for a new chain lol ...

forgot also to add get well soon mattyF.