365 Replacement

Dawsie

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too have had a 365 that lasted a long time but unfortunately got pinched last year. Along came a 560 and I can add to the rest of the posts in this thread, it is truly an awesome saw for the money, size and weight - had it a year now and only issue to date is a snapped brake band.

560s a good saw we had a lot of trouble to begin with but were advised by a company at the longleat show to change the plug for a hotter cmr5h and hers been behaving ever since

I did the same on mine with the hotter plug . All good .

Sorry to take this slightly off topic, but would you guys say that the 560 is superior to the 365? The reason I ask is that following my other thread on my MS290 problems, I've been eyeing up a new saw just in case this one finds it's way into a skip soon.

I've found a 365 for £518 inc VAT, whereas the 560 is £600. The 365 has a larger engine, but about the same power output.

My use is sporadic to say the least, but when I need a saw, it needs to be pretty powerful to cut up woodturning blanks. I'm struggling to justify the price of the 365 not to mention the 560 :confused1:

Cheers

Aled

Edit : I also see that the 365 is available with longer bars, is this due to the larger engine capacity? A bit of an odd one given the same power output, something to do with torque possibly?

Edited by Aledafis

Sorry to take this slightly off topic, but would you guys say that the 560 is superior to the 365? The reason I ask is that following my other thread on my MS290 problems, I've been eyeing up a new saw just in case this one finds it's way into a skip soon.

I've found a 365 for £518 inc VAT, whereas the 560 is £600. The 365 has a larger engine, but about the same power output.

My use is sporadic to say the least, but when I need a saw, it needs to be pretty powerful to cut up woodturning blanks. I'm struggling to justify the price of the 365 not to mention the 560 :confused1:

Cheers

Aled

The 365 is "old school " tried and tested and you can " lean on it " and it would give you good service for years . The 560 is " new school " and so far , after the initial probs seems to be good . They are not old enough to be put in the same reliable slot as the 365 but that does not mean they wont be ...I would say the 560 is an Italian sports car, Ferrari etc ,and the 365 is an American V8 pony car , Mustang etc if you see what I mean ....