One tonne potato boxes

Cosmiccrofter

I can get slightly broken but still useable boxes from a tattie grower. I am just going to get a strap around the front of the box and around the back of the pallet forks, most of the wood should drop out.

If I was feeling really flush, I suppose I could try and get a box tippler.

Oh, and thanks for the info, so all in should be about a tonne.

I suspect you need a box tipper, unless you have exception rotation on your loader headstock.

Tattie boxs are very good. I bought a few a wheen o year ago.

However the hungry Co. Antrim farmers/tattie growers dinny part saft with their ould wans, nay, not even the decrepit wans.

cheers

marcus

I am thinking of using one tonne tattie boxes to store and dry my firewood, but I need to know what a box full of unseasoned split firewood would weigh, very roughly would do. I need to know if my tractor and loader would lift it easily.

The boxes are 6' x 4' x 32" (inside).

HI MATE i have a 44 years old mf165 with a 10 years old loader it will lift that ok thanks jon :thumbup:

Jon, what make of loader have you fitted to the 165? I have an old 40 loader fitted to the 575, it's only rated to lift 975Kgs, but I'm sure it will lift the boxes.

HI MATE i had mf 40 on a mf135 on flat ground it would lift over a ton i had water the tyres mf165 has a 880 load we fitted it 4 years ago now that lift 1,5tons easy i only lift it on flat ground my mf399 lifts 2tons mate thanks jon :thumbup: