Taking/ Transfering money to NZ

As has been said mate make sure you tell your bank! I forgot to and my UK card got blocked twice in about 3 weeks. Money tranfers are easy enough once you've got an account out here, but if you're concerned I can pass you my kiwi bank details and you can transfer huge amounts of money into my account for me to keep safe.... haha :001_tt2:

Be good to catch up bro and see you in an orange shirt! The weather is improving now, you've come at a great time! :001_smile:

:001_tt2: sounds like a plan. The weather is just turning bad here, will be with you in a couple of weeks :thumbup:

Thanks everyone will look into the cards that have been mentioned.

Just seen this. I've got a travelex card. Just load it up with £ which then converts to NZ dollars and you have a debit card in local currency. They are free delivery from the website and you get a good rate too.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys.

Just thought I would but in! Im Chris, Owner operator of Marc Doyle Treework in Hamilton NZ. I need a lead climber full time ASAP. If you know anyone whos coming out or already here, would love to chat.

Marc Doyle Treework: Tree services by qualified arborists based in Hamilton, Free Quotes. - Marc Doyle Treework

Just pop it in my account bro I will look after it ;) , setting up stuff in Nz is pretty easy so I would bring enough for a couple weeks then transfer from your acc. I think the overseas transactions with your debit card will cost a lot.

Or you can talk to your bank about a card that you get a certain amount of transactions overseas for free , I got one through my German bank .

Unfortunately, the exchange rate is gonna suck. If you're earning in NZ try and save your pound if you can.

Hi Guys.

Im up in Hamilton NZ and looking for a lead climber. If you are looking for work in the area or know who is, I would love to chat.

Marc Doyle Treework: Tree services by qualified arborists based in Hamilton, Free Quotes. - Marc Doyle Treework

Whatever or whoever you use, your exchange rate will still be pants as the kiwi is riding high at the moment. As I said before; if you can afford to change as little as possible and get earning in kiwi as soon as possible then that's going to be your best move. A few years ago 28p bought a kiwi dollar. Now it's around 52p I believe. Chances are that sooner or later, if the kiwi doesn't peg back of its own accord, the Governor General will sort it so it does. It is a bit of a waiting game unfortunately and one that my old man is currently playing.