What do you charge to hire processor.

Mortimer Firewood

same as my machine. 25t is some going. did u have a crane feeding it?

We didn't have a crane only using the small log deck which hooks on the side of the processor when in transport. Although I was loading the deck with a forklift slightly tricky at first. We started the pile at 7.00am and finished at 9.00pm with a couple of breaks throughout the day. A great machine to use.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We didn't have a crane only using the small log deck which hooks on the side of the processor when in transport. Although I was loading the deck with a forklift slightly tricky at first. We started the pile at 7.00am and finished at 9.00pm with a couple of breaks throughout the day. A great machine to use.

Fourteen hours! For some people that would be two days work.

yes i have that log deck as well. did you hire from Kilworth?

also have the swivel conveyor so can fill large trailers or multiple bags without moving anything. I want to make up a large deck out of an old massey trailer, to feed the small deck if that makes sense?!

Hard to say Simon. We did my truck and trailer (3cube) in an hour today, and that was cross cutting cord wood into 3 bits as well, so i could manually lift onto the intake conveyor. And that was dad on the processor controls who hasnt really used the machine yet so is a bit slow at it. And he hit a nail with so had to swap chains over (ten min job).

Being organised makes a huge difference. If all wood is sorted into rough sizes and there is a loader to feed the log deck i reckon i could do 5-7 cube an hour. Its like all things, the more you use it the quicker and more efficient you get etc. I havent got either of my yards organised yet as all wood was delivered when i had the old set up, but now when i bring wood in i will organise things more efficiently

yes i have that log deck as well. did you hire from Kilworth?

also have the swivel conveyor so can fill large trailers or multiple bags without moving anything. I want to make up a large deck out of an old massey trailer, to feed the small deck if that makes sense?!

Yes Ben I hired it from Kilworth top class people along with cracking service:thumbup1:. My brother was operating it as he got the hang if it pretty quick and I was loading with the forklift. Think you made a good choose there pal.

Yes Ben I hired it from Kilworth top class people along with cracking service:thumbup1:. My brother was operating it as he got the hang if it pretty quick and I was loading with the forklift. Think you made a good choose there pal.

yeh i hope so! Kilworth been very good, Andy demo'd it for me and sold it to me that day more or less! Couple of teething problems but takes a while to get use to any new machine.