4 * 4 's

Yorkshireman

The older ones were cool, smaller, compact little workhorses, this newer version with it's macho boatcar looks reeks of 'I'm a badasss look at me' there overpriced poseur mobiles, all that horsepower and cant pull worth a f**k. I also know of 4 of the new Navaras whose engines have blown up at 60,000. Avoid it like the plague. If you buy this vehicle you'll be sorry. Its shite.

Easily the best value for money, with the 3 ton towing capacity, Ford realises that some people still use pick-ups for work. They made a lot of improvements to the new version, more power in all the right places. Who says Ford are a spent force? Not me.

What can I say, joke, what a bloody joke! WTF were the Mitsubishi designers on when they came up with that cross between a flying saucer and a dogsh*t, to say that this vehicle is ugly just does not do its ugliness justice. Any self respecting person would not be seen dead in this vomit inducing travesty of a pick-up. Aimed at subnuts, bought by subnuts. Avoid this vehicle at all costs, you will be bitterly disappointed if you by one. Those graphics, Jesus!!!

Very good from what I know if somewhat overpriced, why are all mazdas overpriced? who knows, who cares. Used one for 2 years, never had any problems with it whatsoever, still aimed firmly at the working market, still used by intelligent people. Good buy.

Well, well, well.....what have they done to the humble little Hilux? I'll tell you what they've done, they've turned it from a decent and indestructable little pick-up that couldn't pull a foreskin into what can only be described as a bloated scrotum on wheels.

Jesus H Christ!!!! 170 Horsepower and only capable of towing 2 and a quarter tons!! WTF!!! Toyota have forgotten their roots, they've gone for the white trash with cash market. Pathetic.

This pick-up is a toy. Its not for work.

What would I go for, the Ranger cause its still made for workers like myself.

ps anyone know why Daihatsu stopped making the awesome Fourtrack?fourtrack_ivory.jpg

I heard they were not selling enough, dam shame I loved my old fourtrack.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Iain, dont you wish you could pop down to chapman motors and get yourself a subaru pick up? Eh those were the days, along with the fourtrack.

Navara- the old one was a bit numb, but reliable. My brother has the new one, thats a beast with plenty of room in the cab and the back, but does look a bit in your face.

Ranger- heard a lot of bad reports on build quality, economy, ride comfort, not expensive though. Not driven one though. Not seen any thing new. maybe they sorted them now.

L200- good allround truck but really bad turning circle. The latest one is much better, but does look a bit wierd?

Mazda- correct me if im wrong, but isnt that the Ranger re badged?

Hi-lux- sold off the back of its name, has avid followers but i wouldnt touch one..... never found it good off road, bad economy not good at towing, uncomfortable, oh dear... Not been near a new shape one though!

My long winded ten penneth

P.S Im still running a landy- it suits me but does have some pitfalls

ps anyone know why Daihatsu stopped making the awesome Fourtrack?fourtrack_ivory.jpg

Cheers

I've still got a fourtack A Good Tool

still not sure on the new motor

but have a family member who works for nissan so he's trying to see what discount he can get me

THe bt50 & ranger seem cheap & cheerfull

Not convinced tho' + I like the pose of the navara

The older ones were cool, smaller, compact little workhorses, this newer version with it's macho boatcar looks reeks of 'I'm a badasss look at me' there overpriced poseur mobiles, all that horsepower and cant pull worth a f**k. I also know of 4 of the new Navaras whose engines have blown up at 60,000. Avoid it like the plague. If you buy this vehicle you'll be sorry. Its shite.

What would I go for, the Ranger cause its still made for workers like myself.

Toyota bought up Daihatsu, apparently Daihatsu can't make anything that competes with the mother company....... :thumbsdown: Hence the Terios, Cuore, Move and other strange small things...

I agree about the Navara and L200- I assume that the gross weights has stayed the same since they were simple work trucks. All the extra bloat and bling stuffed onboard eats into the load capacity. Shame really.

Just for fun I played the weights game with VW Touareg specs. Considering the kerb weight and gross weight, the actual payload of some models was around 450kg :scared: Although you can tow 3500kg, you must be able to get more weight inside a Golf.

Strangely the Porsche and Audi versions are a fair bit lighter.

Wonder if I can get a Botex bolted on the roof?? :D