Sub 2 tonne excavators

felixthelogchopper

Felix, it sounds like you are going to be using it mostly on an estate, does this mean you won't really be transporting it much? Reason I ask is if you can find one in your budget a 3 tonner will be that much more useful. I love my 1.6t tak but I don't kid myself that if transportation wasn't an issue id get a 3tonner tomorrow. I always find when doing ditches I could do with more reach. And of course you get considerably more lifting capacity (assuming it isn't a JCB:sneaky2:)

Just a thought...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Felix, it sounds like you are going to be using it mostly on an estate, does this mean you won't really be transporting it much? Reason I ask is if you can find one in your budget a 3 tonner will be that much more useful. I love my 1.6t tak but I don't kid myself that if transportation wasn't an issue id get a 3tonner tomorrow. I always find when doing ditches I could do with more reach. And of course you get considerably more lifting capacity (assuming it isn't a JCB:sneaky2:)

Just a thought...

Certainly a good point.

codlasher

Just a thought...

I cover a portfolio of estates so transportability (is that actually a word? :biggrin:) is vital. I have an Isuzu Denver Max which is plated for 3 tonne but we do have Transits in the fleet which are plated for 3.5. :001_smile:

• 4 weeks later...
That's funny Eddie, I was looking at those earlier. Just gone and ordered myself a new tb219, hoping it will live up to my expectations.

Many congratulations I'm certain it'll be more than up to the job, very few can ever match the Takeuchi hydraulic smoothness and the build is always bombproof!

The interesting point is how the 219 will hold in value terms over the TB016? I suspect vey well once they get a loyal following of their own.

Eddie.

That's funny Eddie, I was looking at those earlier. Just gone and ordered myself a new tb219, hoping it will live up to my expectations.

Nice one Matthew, I hope it performs for you.

I've just been checking the specs of the TB219 vs my old girl.

My HR11 whilst only 1.47 ton puts out 13.4kw vs the TB219's 11.5kw, or the TB016's 10.1KW.

Max dig depth is 2.2m for the Schaeff, 2.27m for the TB219 and 2.17m for the TB016. Only 10cm between all three- is this right?? Would have thought the TB219 would have had much more reach than the TB016. :confused1:

I always knew the Schaeffs punched above their weight but had no idea it was that much! Just a shame she's getting on a bit. Looks lovely with her new tilting quick hitch though :thumbup1:

Would love some pics of your new girl when you get her! :001_cool: