Update on first accident!!

The Tree Hunter

OUCH!!!!!!!!

I must admit that the week following this lads fall, i didnt think of much else, the sound as he hit the deck was constantly ringing in my ears!!!!! But it has probably taught me a lesson that no amount of horror stories would have done..........the next climb i did was a bit more check, check and check again type thing, instead of just taking it for granted that the crabs have snapped back and double checking anchor points, people are talking at college whether they'll now stop people getting timed on touch tapes??? I think its a bit naff really, cos if that's the case, say someone has an accident with a chainsaw, do they then say we're not allowed to use them either????

I wish him a speedy recovery to full health.

Was the cause of the accident found? (You may have said in the initial thread but I think I missed it if you did)

Not that i know of mate, the climbing stuff was all working ok and nothing had snapped in the tree, so i can only assume it was down to his not doing something right while changing over lines, but with him not remembering either what happened i guess nothing will ever come of it as a resolution.

thats very unlucky,i fell the same distance but luckly landed on my feet(broken ankles) can remember evrything even tho it was 2months ago and been out of it on morphine a few times,wont stop me climbing tho,just more weary of things

Reading all this makes me realise how very lucky I was when I fell from 25' about 5 years ago. I landed feet first then crashed onto my arse.

At the time I was winded but back working in 10mins. It was only a few years later when having back and neck pain investigated that I found the fall had actually left me with a tilted pelvis. Still... it could have been much worse.