Ms880!!!

The Tree Hunter

The 3120 is easier to start in the tree than the 880, but other than that I cant see there's much between them.

Hanging it off your harness is much nicer if you have a chest harness on. I find any big saw just pulls the harness down over my hips. If you are on spikes ringing down a big stem, then the best place for the saw while you reposition is on top of the stem.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 3120 is easier to start in the tree than the 880, but other than that I cant see there's much between them.

Hanging it off your harness is much nicer if you have a chest harness on. I find any big saw just pulls the harness down over my hips. If you are on spikes ringing down a big stem, then the best place for the saw while you reposition is on top of the stem.

With a hitch climber or small rigging plate and a pulley, ground staff can now pull saw up to you and the weight is on ropes.

With a hitch climber or small rigging plate and a pulley, ground staff can now pull saw up to you and the weight is on ropes.

V. true, but your not going to send it down between each cut?

Besides, if you're on spikes and ringing down, your line is mostly going to be attached to your harness.

thats good to hear FRANK keep it up ,no swb will coment on the up bit :001_tongue:been your best budy @ the mo :scared1:

Me and shrek have a love / hate relationship. I love him and he hates me. haha.

Do you think I actually sound like an old boy, because our lass says I'm old before my time and would be better off with a pipe and slippers some days.:001_tongue:

V. true, but your not going to send it down between each cut?

Besides, if you're on spikes and ringing down, your line is mostly going to be attached to your harness.

Yeah, I get you, get it pulled up then can leave it clipped to the middle eye on the hitch climber and rest it on the top of stem.

Me and shrek have a love / hate relationship. I love him and he hates me. haha.

Do you think I actually sound like an old boy, because our lass says I'm old before my time and would be better off with a pipe and slippers some days.:001_tongue:

i was on the chat room thingy there and felt my ears burning. i love you too frank:blushing: