I will beat any quote by 5%

steve@black

So now opens the question of profit margins and your worth.

I quote on what i want,the guys are happy,and hopefully the client accepts the price.

If not,let somebody else have it.

Honesty priceless!

How many times have you heard,well there's a bit more than we thought

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

How many times have you heard,well there's a bit more than we thought many times, although not arb trade i hear that all the time and i can think of 3 jobs in the last few years when clients have told me they are on a tight budget at the start, we have completed original quoted works and ended up doing extras for more than the original cost.

i quote jobs for what i think we can do them for with a FAIR profit margin, got a greedy one and i still get asked "is that the best price you can do it for?" and my reply is always,

"we do a good job for the price we quote, you are welcome to speak to my past clients for piece of mind and providing the job does not change neither will the price. The job will be finished when stated where possible and the site will be left tidy. Let me know in due course if you would like us to do your job"

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like there in the business of destroying the competition. Maybe you should undetprice a few jobs and subtly post there Flyer a few days later.

I used to do that in my old business usually selling truck parts against a well known Swedish truck assembler. I would price truck twin clutches out at £300 ( with the agreement from the customer that they would not actually buy it!) The vehicle assembler has a budget for the campaign, the sooner it gets used up the sooner we could get back to sensible pricing. Dropping 1K on a cluch soon makes a decent hole in it. Sometimes the dealer would call me to check, I told them what I had quoted the customer and exactly why. Eventually they realised they would not win and played ball.

A