autosplit

delabodge

Evidently not! I started a thread last week asking the same question but no replies from an actual user.

I saw a PTO version working for about 15mins last week at the woodland show at longleat and i was very impressed. No jams and good quality kindling. It was working so fast loose filling nets that a single operator could just keep up with it.

The operator also showed me that by turning up the infeed conveyor speed, it can produce logs ready for netting. This is the main selling point for me. I need a 240v machine so the only other option is a kindlett but they can only produce 6" long sticks whereas the posch machine is 8".

I hope this helps a little!

Do you want random loose bags of kindling. We dont have a market for it so would be no good to us. The kindlet may not make logs but its brilliant at making joinery offcuts into neat bags for years without falling to bits. Cutting up rings and feeding them into this type of machine I would think would be alot of work. If my wife was not interested in making the stuff I could not justify doing it my self or even worse employing someone. Its fun but its pocket money :thumbup:

Do you want random loose bags of kindling. We dont have a market for it so would be no good to us. The kindlet may not make logs but its brilliant at making joinery offcuts into neat bags for years without falling to bits. Cutting up rings and feeding them into this type of machine I would think would be alot of work. If my wife was not interested in making the stuff I could not justify doing it my self or even worse employing someone. Its fun but its pocket money :thumbup:

Whenever i tried neatly stacked nets, my regulars thought they were getting less kindling because the nets were smaller. I can see the advantage of stacked nets for storage/transport reasons but if the customer see's a bigger net for the same price, imo they'll go for that.

The posch machine can do both loosefill with the double net holder (similar to the rotabagger) or neat stacked nets but the operator has to work harder to keep up!

All the 8" rounds will be cut on the processor and i'll try and keep a huge supply ready for the kindling machine at all times. That way, if i'm running short on kindling or netted softwood logs, its only a matter adjusting the infeed speed, split the wood, then chuck the nets in the kiln for a few days!

I'm lucky that my wife is hard working and willing to do a couple of days a week on it!

as mentioned on some forum there not ce marked and once the cycle starts it cant be stopped, id love one but in the us you can buy a 20 ton tow behind hydraulic splitter for 999 dollars plus tax a 30 ton is 2000, the dr machine is 2500 or somethin so id say that it is a niche machine. i love my massive splitter but would love the cycle time of a supersplitter. though wouldnt let anyone else look at it never mind use it! my uncle is anaccident waiting to happen with a splitter so i make sureit wont be mine!

as mentioned on some forum there not ce marked and once the cycle starts it cant be stopped, id love one but in the us you can buy a 20 ton tow behind hydraulic splitter for 999 dollars plus tax a 30 ton is 2000, the dr machine is 2500 or somethin so id say that it is a niche machine. i love my massive splitter but would love the cycle time of a supersplitter. though wouldnt let anyone else look at it never mind use it! my uncle is anaccident waiting to happen with a splitter so i make sureit wont be mine!

??? Whats a 999 dollar log splitter got to do with a kindling machine?!

• 1 month later...