Saw investments.

mark_goldfinch

After what has been a fairly successful year financially for our team we are looking to renew some of our saws, currently using two 2008 model ms200t they get good regular maintenance checks but are now starting to play around from time to time, I have read a lot of reviews on the new 201t and the new husky xp540t I'd like some Honest opinions on both my choice would of easily been stihl last year but after buying a 261 and it being Constantly in the work shop and being transported back to the supplier for warranty works I'm now not so sure. Is it a bite the bullet choice with luck more than judgement playing a part in getting a reliable saw that's starts when you want it to and has minimal down time. Also looking for something to replace the 261 it's under a year old sounds and runs horrendously and is far more temperamental than the 8 year old ms260 that we have. Thanks for reading all the waffle look forward to reading some replies mark x

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We Have 3x ms200t and like yours are starting to play up and need a fair bit of attention . At one point all three were down so we had to buy an ms201 . This was a bitter disappointment and was totally " pants " compared with the ms200 . Once the ms200 were back it got ignored . However , bought a husky T540 about 4 weeks ago and it is superb . Every bit as good as a 200 maybe better in the mid range . Early days yet I know but impressed so far .

We Have 3x ms200t and like yours are starting to play up and need a fair bit of attention . At one point all three were down so we had to buy an ms201 . This was a bitter disappointment and was totally " pants " compared with the ms200 . Once the ms200 were back it got ignored . However , bought a husky T540 about 4 weeks ago and it is superb . Every bit as good as a 200 maybe better in the mid range . Early days yet I know but impressed so far .

Stubby, how long did you run the 201 for? Like you I was bitterly disappointed by it at first, but after about 2 weeks running in, I pick it over the older saw! It really improves once all the moving parts bed together. ( widening the exhaust also makes a helluva difference too)

Stubby, how long did you run the 201 for? Like you I was bitterly disappointed by it at first, but after about 2 weeks running in, I pick it over the older saw! It really improves once all the moving parts bed together. ( widening the exhaust also makes a helluva difference too)

so your saying when its worn out and modified it works for a bit?:confused1:

Yea it is better than it was I have to admit but still a relative slug . T540 strait out of the box was as good as a 200t and improving all the time . On another planet when compared to the 201 ......