new mid saw needed...ms362 or ms 391?

Hedge hunter

I think 560 is the best 60cc saw they have made in a long time..since the 262xp .. 455 is not a great saw..

Used a few but there is some thing wrong about a dolmar dressed in blue..

yeah the blue dolmar!!!

i like the caseings but as you say...

so i just cant bring myself to spend 1k on a husky to get burned by it.how do you find them in a commercial enviroment?are the 560s best as single operator saws or can they do the time as an all round smash up bashing stump grinding hazel coppiceing ferrari?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 560 is definitely a 1 man saw, as for plastic, it has less plastic than a 362xp, I've grubbed stumps at the floor, cut with blunted chains, etc, mine still works! And as I said before, with the warranty I will try and thrash seven sorts out of it, if it still works then its great. The new stihls IMO are not as good, I have used the 261, but when a 35cc husky outcuts a 50cc stihl, you know you're onto a looser, as for reliability, it's a chance you take with any saw, I've heard as many bad /Friday afternoon stories about stihl as huskys, it's no good basing your opinion of a company by just big or small saws, stihl make massive powerful saws, but make crap below 65cc, husky make great small stuff, but favour speed over torque on the bigger saws too. Ease of maintenance and quality of parts play a big factor too, most of a stihl is plastic, but easier to fix (at a price) most of what you see of a husky is magnesium, it'll last longer, but when it breaks, it's a PITA to repair, as it'll most likely be the crank case you repair/replace

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Tbh I would not use it for dirty work .. Use my 357 for that .. Auto tune does not like it! It's an awsome felling and dressing out saw though.

lol 357xp.......allways good.easy to sort them saws.I have a spare bar and chain for a 357 on 325" if any use to you.tis near new.......

yep so my point is about the 391 sthill,shame it has a plastic case as it would make a decent grunge saw.

so back to the 441 then.I think that will make a nice trash saw what do you think?

The 560 is definitely a 1 man saw, as for plastic, it has less plastic than a 362xp, I've grubbed stumps at the floor, cut with blunted chains, etc, mine still works! And as I said before, with the warranty I will try and thrash seven sorts out of it, if it still works then its great. The new stihls IMO are not as good, I have used the 261, but when a 35cc husky outcuts a 50cc stihl, you know you're onto a looser, as for reliability, it's a chance you take with any saw, I've heard as many bad /Friday afternoon stories about stihl as huskys, it's no good basing your opinion of a company by just big or small saws, stihl make massive powerful saws, but make crap below 65cc, husky make great small stuff, but favour speed over torque on the bigger saws too. Ease of maintenance and quality of parts play a big factor too, most of a stihl is plastic, but easier to fix (at a price) most of what you see of a husky is magnesium, it'll last longer, but when it breaks, it's a PITA to repair, as it'll most likely be the crank case you repair/replace

I agree with that .this is why im leaning towards a heavy sthil for rough work.it needs to be able to cut thick oak and trash hazel,I just dont think tthe small huskys are good for that.I use a small sthill as a chipper saw and its ok but no good for veg clearance.

i like the 346xp but again think it wont last past 2 years.

lol 357xp.......allways good.easy to sort them saws.I have a spare bar and chain for a 357 on 325" if any use to you.tis near new.......

yep so my point is about the 391 sthill,shame it has a plastic case as it would make a decent grunge saw.

so back to the 441 then.I think that will make a nice trash saw what do you think?

I run all the ground saws on 3/8 ,makes buying reels of chain and making chains easier.. Very kind offer though mate.

I think it would take some beating.. Just don't get the m Tronic version.

I know quite a few people who run 441's from farmers to full on tree guys and they all like it... There are some haters of the 441 but they are just bitter about it replacing the 440 , i had one or two of those and never really liked it , awfull anti vibes and not quite a 460 although one of my lads brought a magnum from the states and that went a lot better.

back on to the 441!! my brief handling and use of one I quickly drew up it was a well balanced and good performing. :thumbup1:

I run all the ground saws on 3/8 ,makes buying reels of chain and making chains easier.. Very kind offer though mate.

I think it would take some beating.. Just don't get the m Tronic version.

I know quite a few people who run 441's from farmers to full on tree guys and they all like it... There are some haters of the 441 but they are just bitter about it replacing the 440 , i had one or two of those and never really liked it , awfull anti vibes and not quite a 460 although one of my lads brought a magnum from the states and that went a lot better.

back on to the 441!! my brief handling and use of one I quickly drew up it was a well balanced and good performing. :thumbup1:

yep ok matty i kinda thought that.glad your well.I see you other day in the pick on the roundabout with the new buddies..nice to have my landy made into a truck cab its alot better and i did manage to put coal power on that sergents survey wagon lol when he came on the farm for the competetion he works for now.........:wink::thumbup:

Edited by Hedge hunter

The m-tronic carbs are great, they're made for stihl by husqvarna, but the old carbs, as were fitted to the first 576xp's, Tbf there really isn't much in build quality of metal parts between the two, the cylinders and pistons are made by Mahle, the carbs are from the same company, difference is, is that stihl now makes the new saws in china and uses more plastic, husky pistons have one ring (so it wears quicker) and have a better strato engine, they'll both last just as long, question is, is how quick do you want a tea break?

In the States the 441 is not known for being robust. If you can brake the case on a 362, you most certainly can ruin a 441. You might be better off choosing the most affordable option in the long run.