Unpaid Invoices

benedmonds

What have people found best in reclaiming unpaid invoices from commercial clients who are slow to pay? We have got one company owes us £2500 and keep promising to pay but never delivering.. It has been going on for some months now.

I am NOT interested in threats of violence etc... Legal methods.

Small Claims Court

Debt collectors

Solicitors letters

What are the costs involved. What has worked best.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just started using an online accounts package that you can set to send automatic reminders for payment. I've set mine up to send an automatic reminder 2 days before the due date (30 days terms) and then every 5 days after that.

It's called FreeAgent - if you use this referral code you can get 10% off: Online Accounting Software: Small Business and Freelancers - FreeAgent

What have people found best in reclaiming unpaid invoices from commercial clients who are slow to pay? We have got one company owes us £2500 and keep promising to pay but never delivering.. It has been going on for some months now.

Small Claims Court

Debt collectors

Solicitors letters

go to there office ,ask for a bacs payment ,there & then ,add some admin charges too,

Put it in writing that if payment is not received in the next 48hrs, late payment charges will apply at 15% of the amount owed for every week they are late.

:thumbup: Don't forget the admin charge's for letters :001_smile:

Bigger the company the worst for paying got to lay on the charges or they just sit back and hold on to the money

all best

Small Claims Court

Debt collectors

Solicitors letters

Issue a winding up petition or issue them a seven day warning that is your intention.