Forst TR16 anyone got one??

Hodge

My credit must be bad then, I can only buy through dealers and local dealers neither keep stock nor parts books.

I have had nothing but good experience of Greenmech, but I can see the issue you mention being something they potentially need to sort out. As the bloke on the ground running their products you need a part yesterday if a machine breaks down - the machine might as well be scrap if it isn't working. Traditionally GM would sell parts to the end user but this obviously cuts the local dealer out of the chain. I believe it is getting harder to source parts direct from the factory (always a very fast and efficient way of having your machine up and running again). I appreciate the reasoning behind GM supporting their local dealers and ensuring they make profit out of parts, but as an end user the most important thing to me is having the part as soon as possible. If I have to order through a knowledgable dealer that is fine, what I don't want is the part taking a day or two to reach the dealer before I can collect. Send it straight to me please, ASAP! I would have thought that by winning the franchise for a certain territory you should (as a dealer) benefit from a margin on anything sold within that territory, whether supplied from the factory or through the dealer...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking at a Forst machine but would prefer an 8-9" machine instead of 6" apparently they have bigger machine in pipeline but won't be available for another 18 months. So, need to decide on Timberwolf 190 turbo or Forst 6" towable?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Steer clear of the 190, old design and there are much better options out there, (we have two). The forst is a very impressive machine, easy matanance, and a robust machine, the greenmech are good machines when they work, had a few problems with ours but the Dealer support is spot on and they came out and repaired the same day, Jensen are very robust bits of kit and in my opinion for a 7-9 inch chipper are the best out there, can't comment on bandit but they do have alot of good feedback although they do look very heavy, Hope this little review helps, we do fight over the greenmech arbtrak150 here,

Steer clear of the 190, old design and there are much better options out there, (we have two). The forst is a very impressive machine, easy matanance, and a robust machine, the greenmech are good machines when they work, had a few problems with ours but the Dealer support is spot on and they came out and repaired the same day, Jensen are very robust bits of kit and in my opinion for a 7-9 inch chipper are the best out there, can't comment on bandit but they do have alot of good feedback although they do look very heavy, Hope this little review helps, we do fight over the greenmech arbtrak150 here,

Thanks for info that is helpful to know. Iam interested in the Forst machine and would consider bandit but rep not around seems to be away either on holiday or in US.

I've currently got a Jensen but I've had a Bandit. Both have excellent service and are very good machines. Some nice features on the new Forst. As OMT says not the best comparison, 6" and 7.5". The only downside with a Bandit for me was weight. Solidly built and over engineered!👍I would consider either but it depends what you are towing it with.