Gardening business and green waste disposal

L200

Not sure what side of reading you are, but Ladds garden centre towards Knowl

Hill has a shredder, there is a charge i think but it is lots cheaper than the tip. Talk to http://www.turf-services.com helpful people.

Thanks !

I called and was told it might be about 10-30£ for a trailer.

Will have to give then a chance and see what they really charge

They are helpful indeed

Cheers for that

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What sort of small chipper ?

Cs 100.It cost a bit, but its spot on for getting round the back of peoples gaffs.I think it will pay for itself quite quickly.We do a lot of tree stuff as well though, its not just gardening.Theres a lot of smaller chipper/shredder type machines on ebay.You might not want to buy one off there, but it gives a good idea of whats available.Some type of chipper is the way to go.

It can be about connections with people.It can be handy knowing local farmers and using their dump, but not everyone does.Knowing several farmers, they are not always interested in money.They want something in return instead.

I had a superb barn and yardspace a few years ago and didnt pay anything for it.However, i shot his rabbits and other pests, and i did all his gate clearing, and treework.Most of the time this was a blinding arangement.I didnt need to do anything.Every now and again, they might call in that favour, and it needs to be done.Busy or not.For no payment. The guy passed on so i lost that.

I had a mate the other day.Gamekeeper.Could i dump a couple of loads of connie branches for flushing points on the shoot.No probs.I know him cos hes a mate, and this is through beating through the season, and helping him out every now and again.

I play the long game.Sometimes i put myself out at my expense to help someone out, or postpone something, cos i know when i need a favour back, its there, and i can dump some brash or whatever, burn something.

Hi all

we are in a simular situation we are looking at getting a shredder for the gardening waste as I am not happy to put it through the chipper. We hire a 20 cu skip for all the grass waste and fill 3 a year. I pay £ 300. Plus vat. We used to have a couple of large fires a year but some one has dropped us in it with the EA. We do sell all the chip to a composting company for £75 Per 14 ton trailer full, 300 tons last year, nice Xmas bonus..

• 1 month later...