Transit or trailer

Lyn Ed

Just had my 50th birthday and between age and old rugby injuries i'm starting to think about slowing down a bit and maybe go more into firewood, don't get me wrong I still enjoy the job but in my head i'm 30 but my body tells me otherwise, I know firewood would be seasonal but ive got plenty of contacts for other work if things went a bit slack, anyway the question I want to ask you guys is what do you think would be the best set up for firewood, transit tipper or 4x4 and trailer, i'll be changing my 4x4 shortly anyway, so the choice I would have to make is do I sell my van and chipper or just sell the chipper and keep the van for firewood, what set up do you guys use for firewood delivery.

Appart from getting older how's tricks mate.

Unless you need a 4x4 I'd chop and get a tipper, easier to unload, get about etc also cheaper to run

im good thanks Danny, yes I need a 4x4 for towing the caravan, don't think the mrs would be too happy going caravanning in the transit, hope your keeping busy.

im good thanks Danny, yes I need a 4x4 for towing the caravan, don't think the mrs would be too happy going caravanning in the transit, hope your keeping busy.

towing the caravan in a transit you not going to get on hardly any campsites trust me ive been there went to over 20 in one day all said no cause of my transit but got one in the end all to go to a rave lol or on the plus side you could do it with a transit and have a bit of role play fun and pertend to be gypsy's :001_tt2::lol::wink: