Stihl 038 Farm Boss

APC

Are these much cop? For a good condition one, what would be a reasonable price? Is sourcing replacement parts fairly straightforward? Will they run a 16" bar?

Thanks!

I recently bought an 038 Super. Its brilliant, and it'll love a 16" bar. I'm running a 20" on mine.

I found aftermarket parts to still be quite available.

I would have thought around £200 at most if its in very good nick including bar and chain.

Are these much cop? For a good condition one, what would be a reasonable price? Is sourcing replacement parts fairly straightforward? Will they run a 16" bar?

Thanks!

Weak and ineffectual

Real men use the 038 Magnum

Seriously though the 38's were good saws, once front line saws by modern standards the power to weight ratio isn't there but they will plod forever if you look after them

I bottled it in the end and settled for a 260 to play it safe. The 038 went for £160 shortly after.

Pussy! :001_tt2:

I paid 270 for mine, maybe a tad too much considering I had to buy a new bar and rings too, but I don't regret it. I wouldn't trade it for a new 261.

Its a typical "little man syndrome" saw. Got something to prove, always wants to tackle more than it should. Plus its says "Made in WEST Germany" on the recoil. Worth a lot that is... :blushing: