ported 150T

burrell_

I will get ripped for this but if u do a lot of 1 handing say a 200 it will get u in the elbow

iv got a weak elbow so why not get a 150 get it ported and use it for say 50-60% of my jobs rather and a standard and leave it in the garage most the time

I like my 200 but it plays on my elbow from time to time

I was just looking at the option of taking the weight of my elbow

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will get ripped for this but if u do a lot of 1 handing say a 200 it will get u in the elbow

iv got a weak elbow so why not get a 150 get it ported and use it for say 50-60% of my jobs rather and a standard and leave it in the garage most the time

I like my 200 but it plays on my elbow from time to time

I was just looking at the option of taking the weight of my elbow

If you check the AFAG guides, it covers one handed use, and where it is necessary, such as reductions out on a limb where a redirect is not possible, it says yes to one handing

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

:001_huh: Really "lugging" an 020???

Wait till you get on a big job and have the 088 up the tree :lol:

I know.... whats wrong with some people on here? Fresh behind the ears and struggle with a 200t all day.... whats the world coming to?

Its a pruning saw for reductions and delicate cuts woth a brilliant finish. Why do fifty 2" cuts qith silky when you can do with the little 150. Saving so much energy.

Think twice. Work smart

And leave the 150 at home for dismantles... times money ;)

If you check the AFAG guides, it covers one handed use, and where it is necessary, such as reductions out on a limb where a redirect is not possible, it says yes to one handing

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

There's preaching and then there's practice. If we all were 100% safe, we'd be sitting at home on our arses typing all day long instead of roaming around with chainsaws.

Having said that, I am curious to see what the timing is on those 150 cylinders.

Edited by wyk

So saving milliseconds on each 4" cut will make you more money? (enough to pay for a new £370 saw?)

While you can certainly do more work, faster, it's not just about efficiency. A lot of it has to do with being able to use a smaller saw for the same work(and in this case, it appears a muffler modded and timing advanced 150 could do much of the work a 200t could do). It also has to do with having a saw that responds better, and has more torque in the cut. I have a ported 50cc saw that has been used in forestry for 3 years now. It's paid for itself several times over. SO, I personally think the risks are worth the rewards.

As for the pruning saw debate - the wood Brad is using in the video is simply to show the differences between the two saws more obviously. Even so, there's far more differences than meets the eye in a cookie-cutting video. Brad is claiming a nearly 30% better cutting speed with the muffler mod and timing advance.

Edited by wyk