ported 150T

burrell_

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a port. Its a timing advance and muffler mod.

To be honest.

What's the point? The 150t is nothing more than a pruning saw and IMO it does exactly what it says on the tin. Wy would you need it to cut through that size and type like that?

A standard 50cc cylinder is usually about 47mm or so. This would mean the 150 has something like a 23mm cylinder. I dunno how one gets a tool inside that cylinder to grind with...(that's what SHE said).

In any case, for both the 201 and 200T, the best thing you can do is give it some timing and a muff mod. Some porters don't even bother to go beyond that, the rewards are so impressive. It's not only speed you get, but also responsiveness, easier starting, and torque.

A standard 50cc cylinder is usually about 47mm or so. This would mean the 150 has something like a 23mm cylinder. I dunno how one gets a tool inside that cylinder to grind with...(that's what SHE said).

In any case, for both the 201 and 200T, the best thing you can do is give it some timing and a muff mod. Some porters don't even bother to go beyond that, the rewards are so impressive. It's not only speed you get, but also responsiveness, easier starting, and torque.

Yeah been there with the 200t and still am. Been doing them for a while now. Just can't see much point in doing to to a 150t, as you said a right pita to get the milling bits in it, so that one is just a muffler mod and timing advance. Easy enough to do.

why port anything rich we can just be boring

standard everything

what's the point in F1, go karting or santa pod waste of time tuning things up ent it

why do we bother

in my working day I like things to be as light as they can be and cut as fast as they can makes my life easier and quicker

so what if its just timing and a muffler mod it cuts faster and that's what every tree surgeon wants

and now I will think about buying another of ur beloved stihl

Edited by burrell_

^ That should read 33MM ish for the 150t, if my math is right. In any case, that's not a lot of room :(