advice on the arb association

d-raittuk

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The criteria for membership depends what 'grade' you would like, e.g. Student, technician, professional. There is guidance on the AA website which explains it.

I like membership for the magazine and journal, as well as the image it portrays to clients who want to have an indicator of professionalism.

Depends what you're after really.

I'm an associate member which means that I get the Arb magazine and journals, i get the members' benefits.

I can't use the AA logo but I can state that I am an associate member of the Arb Association.

Costs about £115 a year. I think that i've probably already saved that this year from the free entry to the Arb show and discounted training events.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I joined the APF for a year...then the AA for a year...I found no benefit at all in being a member of either, so I joined the NAA (National Arb Assoc):thumbup:. This was an organisation from the USA (now known as the TCIA-tree care industry assoc). I got huge amounts of help in setting up the business and trade related stuff. I also did a home study course with them, which was excellent. I used a lot of their training stuff and videos to train my crew and it really made a difference to our work efficiency. There were also regular workshops and visits to places like Kew. Sadly, this seems to have fizzled out, its a shame there's nothing of the same standard in the UK. We could have learned a lot from the Yanks in this department, but seem to have well and truly missed the boat.....:thumbdown:

ok so i couldn't have the aa logo on are website or greedy boards etc but i could say we are members of the aa on the website and greedy boards ? and getting in to the shows cheap is good enough for me

The only nes allowed to use the logo are AA approved contractors and consultants. Anybody else uses it they will hammer you.

If you ever go to the conference, membership saves you £105. Woth joining just for that if you plan to go.

The only nes allowed to use the logo are AA approved contractors and consultants. Anybody else uses it they will hammer you.

If you ever go to the conference, membership saves you £105. Woth joining just for that if you plan to go.

how hard is it to become AA approved i don't mind working hard for it getting my head in the books as it were if its worth while

how hard is it to become AA approved i don't mind working hard for it getting my head in the books as it were if its worth while

From an earlier post you may struggle as you have to be running as an entity for two years - no exceptions, doesn't matter how right you are:thumbdown: