Rogue Traders - Monday 16 March - Rogue Tree Surgeons

Honey Bros

What a load of crap that programme was.

How those oafs didn't hurt themselves defies belief.

I bet that the tv people had it set up there near an old shed in the hope that that something would land on it and get smashed.

I bet the whole lots been knocked down anyway by now, and the tree, as well.

The BBC would be expecting complaints that they allowed a 'nice' tree to be ruined and will have picked a site where the tree was going to be removed anyway, so they can appease the whingers.

On a lighter note, the expert was clearly from a council background when he said it would take three men a day to deadwood it! :001_tongue:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at least this will encourage viewers who need tree work to be done in the future, to pay for professional work!

Really? I didnt even think it made good television....The BBC is patronising and a little bit crap these days imo....

( whinge, moan etc ...I know! :bored: )

Not enough was made on the side of qualifications or certification. It just breezed upon not being professional. Yet when they do the dodgy gas men, its all Corgi register this, corgi register that. Shouldve at least been some decent footage of pro's rigging and such. Like one of RCO's videos.haha

Exactly the way I see it Frank...to an onlooker they came across as being the butt ( no pun intended ) of BBC plonkers grasping at moral high ground or a protracted tradesmans' disagreement re tree care...a bit like Arbtalk on an average day!!

I didnt think it was clear or obvious atall but another vehicle for an old TV recipe....Oh well; they say " no publicity is bad publicity! "

My main issue was it was ok for them to say what the chaps where doing was dangerous, but they didnt back it up in anyway apart from showing that motorbike guy put a harness on and blakes hitch up a ladder with a silky. It was ridiculous. There was no real alternative, joe public will just see it as :

"if the tree guy knows what tree it is without refering to a book, and iff the harnesses are attached and the ladder is footed, then they must be qualified."

There was no point made of certification or ways of finding out if your contractor is a professional. BIG dissapointment in my book.

My main issue was it was ok for them to say what the chaps where doing was dangerous, but they didnt back it up in anyway apart from showing that motorbike guy put a harness on and blakes hitch up a ladder with a silky. It was ridiculous. There was no real alternative, joe public will just see it as :

"if the tree guy knows what tree it is without refering to a book, and iff the harnesses are attached and the ladder is footed, then they must be qualified."

There was no point made of certification or ways of finding out if your contractor is a professional. BIG dissapointment in my book.

i thought your bum looked a bit big in those jeans frank when you were up the ladder:001_tongue:

Really? I didnt even think it made good television....The BBC is patronising and a little bit crap these days imo....

( whinge, moan etc ...I know! :bored: )

I thought that. The two clowns presenting it were poor, in a field where the bar is set pretty low to start with.

I would have liked to have seen more of that cavity..it looked pretty significant, but they just wouldn't keep the camera still. Cameramen/directors on these programmes don't seem to be able to hold a shot for more than a few seconds; do they think we've all got attention deficit disorder or something?