Forwarder

Elmsdown Forestry

Never seen one in the flesh but they are popular in Germany and parts of mainland europe. They're made by a company in Germany that converts JD tractors into skidders. I believe the winches in the front runs on the hydraulics and goes to a butt plate through a little channel on the belly plate. Normally fitted with a short powerful crane for grapple skidding and stacking your stuff. Some even have a clam bunk on the butt plate. Very well built but very expensive. I think hey do a a forwarder crane version. That one there is a cheap one!

Similiar money Ponsse WISENT 8W - Forwarders, Price: £54,123, Year of manufacture: 2003 - Mascus UK

For second hand forest machines you can't beat Finland/Sweden as their changed frequently and well looked after. Don't know about import costs though.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For second hand forest machines you can't beat Finland/Sweden as their changed frequently and well looked after. Don't know about import costs though.

They are also regularly worked round the clock with massive amounts of hours put on them, and then 'clocked'.

It happens, believe me, and quite a lot!

They are also regularly worked round the clock with massive amounts of hours put on them, and then 'clocked'.

It happens, believe me, and quite a lot!

I didn't know they were clocked. About 16-20 hours on a machine a day in that part of the world is quite common. However they are serviced quite frequently.

30K for a T series Valtra then 50 for a 15 tonne Moheda 4wd trailer with M70 crane.

Or if you want some thing really good look around for a T or N series Valtra with the roof windows so you can see the top of the boom. Then get it JAkE plate put on a font mounted pump. Then get a Kronos Crane that suits your needs attach them all together. Have a Kronos 4wd trailer for it.

Would be a fantastic set up all benifits of tractor mounted crane that would have enough power and oil flow to run a small harvesting head say a keto 150 or a small warahtar. Only issue is that you have if you have a winch on it you can't use it as a forwarder, however if you do a lot of winching you can use the crane to move the last lot of winched up stuff out the way to be processed. Downside is that i expect this set up would be closer to 100k.

Saying that. Valtra N141 - Forwarders, Price: £61,769, Year of manufacture: 2007 - Mascus UK I think it says winch included but the trailer chipper etc are extra.

Looking at a kesla roof mount crane with separate 10-12ton trailer!

Anyone had or got one? Are the worth the 35k for crane and guarding which is 10+ more than the botex? It is for forestry manly firewood stuff.

A Kesla crane is more likely to be jake mounted rather than roof because of the crane design. Which one you looking at and the length? Manual or electro hydraulic controls?

Take it you've been talking to Caladonian forestry services for the combo?

I have used only briefly though on a tractor. Very responsive on the controls and faster than a botex. The rams and pipes are a better guarded too.

Give AC Price a ring too and see how a similar spec Kronos crane on a plate comes in at.

Yeah Jim Caledonian forestry saying its a roof mount Kesla 500 crane think is electro hydraulic control unit. Just waiting for a full spec from them.

A 500 is a proper forwarder crane so it will be about a tonne. I'd of thought the way the lift ram was set up would prevent a roof mount. I'd of thought i'd be mounted like this

1272705396333_1_orig.jpg

So i hope you're putting it on a big Valtra/Valmet. But i'll bow to Jims superior knowledge on the subject. If it's electro Hydraulic thats where your extra money is over a botex as their a manual box.

Investigate a front tank as well because you might not get the most out of it running it on the spools. Especially if you get a double extension one, that you can set the ams going to the solenoids.