Calories for a climber

Arran Turner

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decent not too processed food is the trick. As you mature you'll get a feel for the amount you need to eat and drink and when you need to do so, commensurate with the level of exercise you do, unless you're a fat fkr. I used to row at national level and be lead climber for a company. Often it was difficult to get enough calories so I had to resort to protein shakes. I like fresh juices made with almost any kind of fruit or veg thrown in. Last night we had carrot, apple, lime, broccoli, celery, beetroot, ginger and pineapple. Fantastic. Check out juicemaster.com. It's like an elixir.

I am also a juicer, veg that is. I did it for 2 weeks straight last year and felt fantastic! But 6000 is a lot! Today for instance, I ate 3 bits of bacon, with 4 scrambled eggs. Then some hot sour soup and half a plate of teryaki chicken and I was full, now onto sardines then the gym. How many calories is that> (Ive never been one to count calories...)

I have about 2 slices of toast for breaky and a mug of non sugared tea. Then maybe a bacon and egg butty on way to job. A couple of sarnies for lunch and then evening meal.

I have never calorie counted but I bet it is a lot less than the recommended amounts.

2 slices of toast for breakie, cheese sandwich at 11, then another at lunch. Then an evening meal. Tbh I dont eat much, whether im lead climber, in the woods or doing firewood all day. Although I do drink 5/6 pints of cider a day, this probably bumps the calories up. Ive never counted calories though, 6ft 5 and 12.5st.

2 slices of toast for breakie, cheese sandwich at 11, then another at lunch. Then an evening meal. Tbh I dont eat much, whether im lead climber, in the woods or doing firewood all day. Although I do drink 5/6 pints of cider a day, this probably bumps the calories up. Ive never counted calories though, 6ft 5 and 12.5st.

Now i,v seen first hand how much you eat and drink , 2000k by first break, then lunch, then tea, then how many Ciders ? you suddenly gone on a diet ? that doesn't include your meal out or your night time drink allowance :thumbup:

Ive just downloaded myfitnesspal app, its counts calories sugar fat etc, its got loads of food and drink on the data base but also you can scan barcodes of what you eat and it brings up the calories etc really good, its hard to get to 6k calories though, yesterday was a full day climbing street trees then down to the indoor rock climbing wall for 3 hours only got over 2500 in me but all healthy food

Edited by Arran Turner

I only climb occasionally but I do go through some food! 4 slices of toast for brekkie or large bowl of porridge then bananas on way to work-2 of those Tesco pasta things for dinner plus more bananas maybe a bit of choc then early dinner before going gym. Then usually cereal before bed. Not sure how many calories tho..