forgeting the basics

3dogs

Like many people on arbtalk im used to using mechanical climbing aids, but today i needed to use a secondary long line anchor point and decided to use a blakes hitch. i could'nt believe it, for the life in me i could'nt tie one, i climbed using a blakes for about two years so you'd think it would be inprinted on the brain. im now practising the knots that should be second nature:ohmy: anyone else had this problem or am i becoming senile.:scared1:

I can remember starting out and doing a big thuja, I kept telling the boss I was tired and needed something to eat and he kept ignoring me. I knocked the top out of it and then I couldn't remember for the life of me how to tie a basic system. Think I was dehydrated and needed grub. In the end I had to be lowered down and then put up with weeks/months/years of piss taking.:blushing:

never hapened to me

Maybe your getting too old and need to let us young uns show you a thing or 2

Maybe you could do with some training or a refresher

yes thats it, a refresher course. thats just what i need an instructor to show me how to climbe a tree using 3 ply rope and prusiks. i cant keep abreast of all thease modern tecniques.lol:001_tongue: does anyone have a willans T22 i can borrow.

yes thats it, a refresher course. thats just what i need an instructor to show me how to climbe a tree using 3 ply rope and prusiks. i cant keep abreast of all thease modern tecniques.lol:001_tongue: does anyone have a willans T22 i can borrow.

Yep I have one mate 14 years old and could still hang a rhino from it :001_smile:

Modern techniques my hoop.